def or cor for concept build

kendo339

I know it is not an optimal combination but I have a concept build from live, before incarnates, that I am thinking of recreating.  will be using dark miasma and electrical blast.  not sure on the epic pool but probably dark or psychic.   though electrical is a possibility if I can reliably make use of endurance drain.  with incarnates, I should have a lot more survivability than I did back on live and have the time to fire off enough powers to drain mobs if I choose

dark is a little more powerful on a def but several of the powers, like tar patch and howling twilight, are pretty much the same.  given that a lot of my play time is in short chunks, I frequently solo.  so wondering if a corrupter would work better or does the extra -TH and -resist balance out the slightly higher damage and scourge of a Cor?

and if anyone has any experience with electric blast on either a def or cor, would appreciate any advice on ways to slot it and whether its even worth trying for end drain

At 50 with a lot of investment both a corruptor and a defender can be softcapped to melee and range. The corruptors will do more damage when solo though, by just a bit due to higher base damage and scourge. So if end game is your goal I would go corruptor.

However, because you mainly solo and will be leveling up this toon mostly solo, you will have a far easier time as a defender. The higher defense values will really help you before 50. 

Given all the information in your post about how you play. I'd go defender.

• Like 1