Trick Arrow Mastermind picking between Demon and Necromancy

Talionis

On 12/29/2019 at 8:50 PM, Redlynne said:

The problem is that Trick Arrow is debuff only and does pretty much NOTHING to buff your Pets (and I'm counting healing them as a subset of "buffing" their HP).  That's a problem because Pets get damaged ... no matter what you do, your Pets will always take damage ... and without a means/method to counter (or heal) that damage, it just pushes you towards resummoning because your Pets are going collapse on you ... A LOT.

Trick Arrow is "fine" for a Mastermind who never draws aggro personally and/or their Pets never draw aggro.  Pets that don't draw aggro don't take as much damage as Pets that have drawn aggro.  So the moral of the story is that if you've got a scheme for PREVENTING the drawing of aggro, you can get away with playing Trick Arrow on a Mastermind ... but that's a pretty difficult row to hoe on a consistent basis.

Which is exactly why they need to make the "train/enchant" powers auto auras so they automatically proc/cast on the pets when they're summoned. The biggest issue is having to summon them mid-battle when they die, try to target them, enchant them, buff them, etc, it's just not necessary, not to mention the end cost. I think Cake already has this in the works, and it would proc every couple seconds to put the enchant on them. IMO MMs have always needed this to be the case, then it's a matter of resummoning them mid battle when they die on top of all the other things you have to be doing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

Having had a Necro/TA MM up to 50 on Live, fully IO'd out and incarnate'd out, I wish you luck on your masochist endeavor. You'll need it. And lots of patience, lots and lots of patience. So much resummoning, not per mission, per spawn (at +whatever/x8)...

• Haha 1