Mercy Island Arachnos Agent- All Roads Lead to Rome

FDR's Think Tank

I have noticed when I log back in at the Mercy Island Arachnos Branch office that, while on Mercy Island, all mission waypoints lead you back to the Branch Office. You can leave Mercy Island or log off and log back on... but if you start in the Branch office, while you are on Mercy Island, your map waypoint will display correctly on the minimap, but mislead you if you follow the highlighted waypoint on the player view.

It probably rates pretty low on bugs since most Vets don't spend much time at the lower levels... while new players are unlikely to realize they can go into the unmarked Arachnos Branch office and log out for a badge/dayjob bonus... but if they did stumble into it, it would be a very frustrating bug to deal with.

I looked around the recent bug reports and did a search, but I didn't find any other similar cases of log out locations sabotaging the functionality of the world view waypoint system. Then again, people may have reported it using different terminology or in relation to a different log out place. I haven't found any other logout spot yet that does this same thing, but I will mention it here if I come across it.

• Like 1

This has been around since live.  I've never logged in there because there's another location for the Arachnos base day job that I use in Mercy.  However any time I've had a mission door in that building, when I exit the mission the waypoint is messed up.  Given that this was reported back on live I wonder if it's especially tough to track down or fix.