Minor but annoying issue...

TeChameleon

I've been working on creating (well, re-creating, if I'm totally honest) a Mission Architect Arc, and all the dialogue is triggering the instant you step on the map.  It... kind of ruins the pacing, and leaves the map totally silent otherwise.  Any ideas as to what could be causing it, and, more importantly, how I could fix it?

The best explanation I’ve heard for this is that enemy encounters based on friendly or neutral NPCs, such as allies or hostage rescues, are causing the dialogue to fire in reaction to said NPC as soon as they’re created, with the mob AI doing something akin to mistaking them for a player.  Enemy-only encounters such as bosses or patrols don’t have this issue, giving the notion a certain weight.  Assume that this will never be fixed and try to work around it.  💩👍 

UPS1xkf.png

While an established bug, I feel like it appeared in the penultimate or even last version of CoH on live. Said another way - it was a still a fairly new issue when the servers shut down. 

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

It killed AE for me before Live shutdown as it, yes, ruined pacing and left maps silent, all that good stuff.  I'd like to get back into AE, load up and retool my old stories (still have the files!) but this bug really broke them, so....  I've mentioned it here before but I have no idea if the current devs are looking into it or not.  We should pelt them with fish and handfuls of yogurt until they tell us.  :)

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝