Preatoria Level Locks

NarciValentry

Hello! I am here to discuss the feature of Going Rogue that locks players out of the early on quest lines if you go above a certain level threshold.

Levels currently scale to the player, so there is no reason to worry about being over leveled for content. It might be easier however, it's still there to be enjoyed. From a story perspective you are simply being cut off from active choices.

You are currently able to lock yourself out from finishing 12 different story lines. Yes we do have fixes that can be used by the player to get around this, however it just seems incredibly odd for the game to feature this.

They are in oro, but it would be nice to have them doable from lvl 10-40, WITHOUT having to start a toon in Prae (since that locks you out of DFB and a huge percentage of teams, more so because the arcs there are generally quite hard, especially as an unenhanced lowbie). The level 10-40 content bracket, I find, is pretty bleak, and full of so many old clunky arcs (much much more of this is blueside, most of red has newer and, again, to me, way more fun), with only newer ones like the Prea related talos contacts and president marchand being largely free of a stupid amount of cross zoning, hunts  and errand missions.

Granted, lvl 20-40 also has teh Night Ward/First Ward stuff (which are also excellent, and way underused, in my experience), and I cant remember what level those arcs cap at, but I'd love to be able to do all the Prae/Ward arcs right to 50, mixing them with the paragon/rogue isle arcs of a similar style. Would be even cooler if those arcs and tfs (sutter, kal, maybe some new ones?) counted for Praetorian accolades.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Haijinx said:

You can't get all 4 faction stories done with the current xp awards, not sure why you would also need DFB and other teams.

Can just join a DFB at 20 

Could it be 1 to 40 instead of 1 to 20?  I guess?  But its fine as it is. 

You mean DiB. DfB is pretty worthless at 20. And theres the fact starting in Prae locks you there for 20 levels. Sure, they can go fast, but theres no way to leave. I am not sure if it tells new characters that, but I know a few people who had no idea, found out, then said screw it.

2 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

You mean DiB. DfB is pretty worthless at 20. And theres the fact starting in Prae locks you there for 20 levels. Sure, they can go fast, but theres no way to leave. I am not sure if it tells new characters that, but I know a few people who had no idea, found out, then said screw it.

That last part is a problem.

Maybe a note should pop up that you will have to solo to 20 if you chose gold side is in order.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Especially since those are some of the best mission arcs in the game.

As I've said elsewhere, I've never felt more villainous in this game as when playing the Loyalist path gold side, it truly is some of the best writing in the game, which is pretty much skipped by everybody, since as you say you get stuck soloing, and some of those mishes are KILLER solo!!

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

36 minutes ago, boggo2300 said:

As I've said elsewhere, I've never felt more villainous in this game as when playing the Loyalist path gold side, it truly is some of the best writing in the game, which is pretty much skipped by everybody, since as you say you get stuck soloing, and some of those mishes are KILLER solo!!

Interestingly I've only run goldside with brutes/scrappers and stalkers

And so the tougher missions never were really dicey. 

Though I expect on a blaster some of the tougher ones would go into the dicey range.  

1 minute ago, Haijinx said:

Interestingly I've only run goldside with brutes/scrappers and stalkers

And so the tougher missions never were really dicey. 

Though I expect on a blaster some of the tougher ones would go into the dicey range.  

Can't say I had much of an issue with my DP Blaster, but it's a pain on 'Trollers since Goldside ends about the level that trollers get their mojo

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!