Radiation Blaster debuff impacting self

Dilbert3k

Recently I started a Radiation/Devices Blaster and noticed that I was dying very easily even for a blaster. About then is when I noticed that every time I used one of my blaster powers I got a debuff bubble in the upper right corner. Sure enough what ever power I used I was getting a debuff for that kind of power like someone else had used it on me.

Just thought you should know.

Dilbert

So I just checked in game on Everlasting on my lvl 50 incarnate rad/fire blaster.

The rad blasts as you use them do leave a temporary buff with the power icon that shows your increased damage (because of defiance), the power description on those buffs mentions "-Def". I opened up my combat attributes and monitored all the defenses. I preemptively shut off stealth so its defense buff wouldn't suppress. As I attacked mobs and got increased damage due to the powers, however none of my defenses decreased when I attacked mobs.

I went to IP and attacked random Family to keep it similar to your experiences. I would suggest you try and open up the combat attributes and monitor defenses and observe your defenses as you fight.

9 hours ago, Dilbert3k said:

every time I used one of my blaster powers I got a debuff bubble in the upper right corner. Sure enough what ever power I used I was getting a debuff for that kind of power like someone else had used it on me.

Once you pull the Gamma Ray from Mr. Fission, the Cherenkov Radiation you see is Not Your Friend™ ...

... just like how once you pull the pin from Mr. Grenade, he is no longer your friend ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

23 hours ago, Dilbert3k said:

Recently I started a Radiation/Devices Blaster and noticed that I was dying very easily even for a blaster. About then is when I noticed that every time I used one of my blaster powers I got a debuff bubble in the upper right corner. Sure enough what ever power I used I was getting a debuff for that kind of power like someone else had used it on me.

Just thought you should know.

Dilbert

What you are seeing in your buff bar is the damage buff from Defiance for each of those powers as you use them.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube