Ice/Time

Snarky

While breaking from endless story arcs on a Tank i have decided to 50 a squishy. 

Ice is a powerset i like. Not love but like. However it fits my needs and the story i have come ip with making it perfect

unnecessary backstory: (i am from Everlasting) so the character was a research assistant at a big science company. He got drunk at the corporate Christmas party and kept bothering the CEO and chief scientist about the party needing more ice. The CEO is actually a Timelord and decided to do something. He took the research assistants brain out of his body and out it on top of a robot with power to ... create ice. When the assistant started bitching as soon as the process was done the CEO turned him into a Hero (complete with desires to be a hero and more force/time powers). 

so. Ice/Time with Force of Will and probably Ice power pools. This is a pure concept fun character. I bought him the skiff as a travel power because i did not want jetpacks messing with the robot costume i built. 

i will be slamming in i/o’s and going for a build goal of softcap ranged defense. I am down to a handful of Characters  i run so i have A lot of enhancers in my base and can buy a few more nice sets

my only questions are what sets should i be looking at regarding ranged defense   I know how to research it for issue 22 Cox but not as fluent in modern building. I am taking no melee attack even for muling. This is a 100% ranged build

also are there any Intricacies or oddities about time secondary or force of will?  Someone said in game the 1st debuff power off force of will was bugged

thanks

Really enjoying this build. At 35 now. Chasing ranged defense and learning my attack chains

i have done both Posi 1and 2, Synapse and the first TV respec. Some mission teams as well running doors 

my only real issue right now is finding a smooth way to target my nuke and ice storm. The mouse is really hard to target with. Because you have to find the curser and then get it lined up where you need it to be. With all the crap that goes on in a big team just finding the cursor is an issue that has a real effect on dps

For placeable powers it may help to turn them into target clickables.

/macro BL powexeclocation target "Blizzard"

That will create a button labeled BL that will execute Blizzard at the location of your target,

You can change "target" to "self" if you prefer to cast the power right under you. I find usually target works best for me though.

You probably still want the "real" Blizzard power on your toolbar so you can see whether it is recharged. The macro button won't show you.

• Like 1