Build Request: Ultimate NIght Widow

Klipster

Title says it all, I'm onto a new project. I have only ever played Bane/Crab, when it comes to VEATs and I'm ready to branch out into the ranks of the widow. Since I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing with it in mids, I am coming to you wonderful people for help. I'm looking for as much survivability and damage I can get, cost isn't a major issue. As for patrons, I *would* like soul mastery (Because it's pretty!) but I'd like to see what you guys can come up with, I can live without it. 

Edit: Thanks in advance!

Edited by Klipster

I know you're asking for Night Widow, but take a look at my builds for a melee Fortunata here: 

I don't think it will disappoint.

Favourite toons:

Level 50 Widow (Fortunata): Dance Macabre (Indomitable)

Level 50 Soldier (Crab): The Arms Race (Indomitable)

Level 50 Brute (Psi/Rad): Glow Cloud (Indomitable)

@Pyro Technix

Very subjective, but... yeah, Pyro is right. Go with a melee fortunata. Night widows gain a load of things they don't need (defence will be way over cap so you basically get just more melee damage and some enhanced stealth) and fortunatas gain a load of things that make them slightly overpowered (ranged damage, ranged control, even more defence). They two specs are really unbalanced. 

As bad as this sounds, the ultimate night widow is probably a claws/SR stalker with leadership (a couple of powers are copied over from spines, but the core of it is claws). I really tried to like the night widow build, but after playing a stalker it never stopped feeling like a crap stalker. I'd go for as much resistance as you can get and then a crapload of damage procs. Put the chance for fear ATO into an AoE attack - it's phenomenal damage mitigation because it massively drops enemy attack rate to one attack every 5 seconds. 

Fortunatas have better survivability through better control , stronger AoE and already have enough defence that you have to build around it to stop ending up with something ridiculous like 80% melee defence with IOs. The disparity between the two is just too great. (My build is up as the "best of both" build in the forums). You can get a solid melee chain and also have access to holds, confuses, knockback/down and that's before the fear proc, which is the point at which you start being able to solo +4x8 incarnate content. 

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

On 12/30/2019 at 6:05 PM, Haijinx said:

But if you want a stalker, play a stalker.  They have been buffed a lot more than Widows.

To be fair, they needed it a lot more than Widows. They're in a good place now, but that was after several rounds of buffs (including a couple that I had forgotten about, such as the hp cap increase).