Mission Adjustment: Contact: Steven Sheridan

Erydanus

Steven Sheridan gives a mission "Help the Founder's Falls Security Chief"

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Steven_Sheridan#Help_the_Founders.27_Falls_Security_Chief

The issue is that the security chief tells you to defeat FORTY Crey in Founder's Falls, a zone in which they have a tiny presence. In fact, in the level-appropriate neighborhood that the mission directed me to, the only Crey I found were rooftop snipers.

My suggestion is to reduce this particular hunt to 5 because the mobs are so spread out; the mission is clearly just a time waster.  (Personally I dropped this one because after 15 minutes I was getting no where.) I figure reducing the target number shouldn't break anything and hopefully be an easy edit.

• Like 1

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

There are quite a bit of Crey in the SE (city) corner of FF, where ICON is located. The eastern red zone (of the city, not hills) is basically Circle of Thorns to the north and Crey to the south.

There are definitely plenty of Crey, but it may be that these Crey are too high a level for you if you get this mission at lvl 35, especially if you run into bosses. It's similar to getting 'Defeat N Circle of Thorns in Talos Island' when you are just level 20.

I really hate doing ANY "kill X" mission after level 30 or so. It is just too many. I understand the desire of the game designers to create content that involves street sweeping. But wandering the streets looking for a particular kind of mob is just tedious. Especially when it involves finding 30+ of them, sometimes in a very specific area. There has GOT to be a better type of mission than this.

1 hour ago, quixoteprog said:

I really hate doing ANY "kill X" mission after level 30 or so. It is just too many. I understand the desire of the game designers to create content that involves street sweeping. But wandering the streets looking for a particular kind of mob is just tedious. Especially when it involves finding 30+ of them, sometimes in a very specific area. There has GOT to be a better type of mission than this.

I don't think it's so much the street sweeping missions that annoy me, as the fact the numbers required about level 30 onwards just get silly, and the PITA of the ones in hazard zones that are JUST at the level where the larger hazard zone spawns are just a tiny bit to much for you to solo, those are my two gripes about these mishes

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

Also, some of them are just simply outdated due to later content changes. For example, there's at least one Council street-sweep mission still present in Steel Canyon, which I assume is a leftover from the days before the 5th Column was reintroduced. Now it's next to pointless to attempt because most of the Council you can find are in a pitched battle with the 5th Column, and at level, you just can't defeat the Council faster than the 5th Column wipes them out. When they're not actively fighting, it's just one unconscious Council guy on the ground, surrounded by 4-5 5th Columnists that you also have to fight.

• Thanks 2