Arrow element Toggles for Archery

While fighting the enemy group <The Black Knights> with my Archery/Bio Armor i realized their sub group Black Feather archers have Ice/Fire arrows so i started to wonder what Archery would be like if it had the toggle ammo types like the dual pistols have which change the visual appearance of arrows and deal the element damage the toggle is set to, This could also be applied to the Assault rifle and other ranged physical weapons

Explosive arrow would explode normally if the toggle is not enabled, Ice would AoE cage or hold/Fire DoT AoE/Toxic DoT AoE

Normal Arrows would work the same way the dual pistol ammo does, change every attack to the specific element toggle

Ice, Which has the same effect as Black Feather frost arrows but slightly toned down

Fire, Lit arrow that leaves a subtle light smoke trail nothing large

Toxic, Not sure if this even needs a trail, Probably just a toxic like arrow tip

As for the Assault rifle i assume it can be just the pistol effect rounds.

You suggest adding the Swap Ammo functionality from Dual Pistols to Archery; what would you take out of the set to make room for the ability? Remove Blazing Arrow, which already has a fire DoT, and replace it with an ability that does no damage of itself, and only adds minor damage to the others? You need to look at the balance of the set if you're proposing significant changes to it.

You suggest adding the Swap Ammo functionality from Dual Pistols to Archery; what would you take out of the set to make room for the ability? Remove Blazing Arrow, which already has a fire DoT, and replace it with an ability that does no damage of itself, and only adds minor damage to the others? You need to look at the balance of the set if you're proposing significant changes to it.

There's really nothing to change, blazing arrow obviously wouldn't need to be there but as for toggles, Bio Armor gets an end/dps/defense toggle/Pistols get toxic/ice/fire i really don't see an issue with balance if archery got toxic/ice/fire arrow toggles considering you've got pretty OP farmer builds out there lets not get into balance talk this is suggestion. You also don't even see the toggles in the Pistol/Bio armor list until you actually hit customize or start leveling, other wise it's not in the list so there's nothing to take out or replace other than the blaze arrow if there's ammo types considering explosive arrow would be the "blazing" if fire is toggled.

You're missing the point. The equivalent powers in Dual Pistols and Bio Armor each take up a power slot so those sets only have 8 regular powers instead of 9. So if a swap power were added to Archery it would be necessary to take out one of the existing powers to make room (probably Aim since that's the power that was swapped out in Dual Pistols).

Personally I think Archery is fine where it is. Yes, only doing lethal damage can be a pain but it's a pain that almost every other weapon based set struggles with as well. The big advantage of Archery (and Assault Rifle) is that they have a really really good T9 power. Even with I25 removing the crash on other nukes the weapon sets still get much faster recharge on thier T9s letting them be used more often.

Defender Smash!

You're missing the point. The equivalent powers in Dual Pistols and Bio Armor each take up a power slot so those sets only have 8 regular powers instead of 9. So if a swap power were added to Archery it would be necessary to take out one of the existing powers to make room (probably Aim since that's the power that was swapped out in Dual Pistols).

Personally I think Archery is fine where it is. Yes, only doing lethal damage can be a pain but it's a pain that almost every other weapon based set struggles with as well. The big advantage of Archery (and Assault Rifle) is that they have a really really good T9 power. Even with I25 removing the crash on other nukes the weapon sets still get much faster recharge on thier T9s letting them be used more often.

Look I'm here to make suggestions so we're not stuck with old stuff, keeping things the same forever wont be fun for anyone and it makes logical sense to have toggles for an arrow. If you don't like the suggestion that's fine too but i don't think its required to just down it so quickly and as for Aim it's used often, The least used powers out of archery are most likely fish full of arrows/stunning shot/blazing arrow at least for me those are useless to me but everything els i use.

Look I'm here to make suggestions so we're not stuck with old stuff, keeping things the same forever wont be fun for anyone and it makes logical sense to have toggles for an arrow. If you don't like the suggestion that's fine too but i don't think its required to just down it so quickly and as for Aim it's used often, The least used powers out of archery are most likely fish full of arrows/stunning shot/blazing arrow at least for me those are useless to me but everything els i use.

He's making a valid point.  The sets that deal lethal damage usually have other compensation for their damage type being so widely resisted.  Every build has holes or weaknesses in it to prevent them from being overpowered.  Your T9 is one of the biggest compensations

So while it could be changed, you'd have to sacrifice from elsewhere to keep the powerset reasonable, and you'd definitely need to at bare minimum give up a power to make room for a new power.