Simple guide for newcomers. Money making amongst other things.

Sovera

• 2 weeks later

Hi Sovera,

Playing a Sentinel, Electric/Super Reflexes. Solo'd the first portion of the Positron task force without any issues. Attempts to solo the second portion - gravy until Arch Villian Vahzilak(sp)..shot me dead..multiple times.....all attempts (2-3 purple shields helped sustain life until they expired, even after popping a total of 6 several times, I managed to eliminate only a sliver of his hp all attempts to annihilate him have been futile. I finally dropped it to attempt the next task force in Skyway City. I'm thinking maybe because I dinged 22...that may have something to do with it ???? I have no idea. Any advice would be appreciated.

6 minutes ago, DaddyLee said:

Hi Sovera,

Playing a Sentinel, Electric/Super Reflexes. Solo'd the first portion of the Positron task force without any issues. Attempts to solo the second portion - gravy until Arch Villian Vahzilak(sp)..shot me dead..multiple times.....all attempts (2-3 purple shields helped sustain life until they expired, even after popping a total of 6 several times, I managed to eliminate only a sliver of his hp all attempts to annihilate him have been futile. I finally dropped it to attempt the next task force in Skyway City. I'm thinking maybe because I dinged 22...that may have something to do with it ???? I have no idea. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you're super new to the game you should not yet try soloing Taskforces just yet. Positron 1 is the easy one since it does not spawn an Archvillain by the end of it. All others will. And though AVs become fodder later on which most characters can (slowly) defeat it does imply having decent gear and a decent build.

If you want to do Taskforces I suggest finding a team for them. If you want to do solo stuff but still earn merits then I suggest using Ourobouros. If you DO want to solo Taskforces you will want to at least stock up on Envenomed Daggers from the P2W vendor to help doing damage, and then fill your tray with purples and greens, and mail yourself more greens and more purples since you can take them from the mail any time, even mid fight.

Then start looking for a build you can follow. Super Reflexes is good but only has defense so it needs to get those numbers up fast in order to be reliable. Both defense uniques will bump your defense by 6%, etc. Check the Sentinel forums.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sovera said:

If you're super new to the game you should not yet try soloing Taskforces just yet. Positron 1 is the easy one since it does not spawn an Archvillain by the end of it. All others will. And though AVs become fodder later on which most characters can (slowly) defeat it does imply having decent gear and a decent build.

If you want to do Taskforces I suggest finding a team for them. If you want to do solo stuff but still earn merits then I suggest using Ourobouros. If you DO want to solo Taskforces you will want to at least stock up on Envenomed Daggers from the P2W vendor to help doing damage, and then fill your tray with purples and greens, and mail yourself more greens and more purples since you can take them from the mail any time, even mid fight.

Then start looking for a build you can follow. Super Reflexes is good but only has defense so it needs to get those numbers up fast in order to be reliable. Both defense uniques will bump your defense by 6%, etc. Check the Sentinel forums.

Got. TYVM. Inbound questing as soon as I figure out how to drop this task force LoL. 

4 hours ago, DaddyLee said:

Got. TYVM. Inbound questing as soon as I figure out how to drop this task force LoL. 

Team window (same window where your chat is). Later on you can solo TFs though, I do it all the time starting at level 20 and Posi 1 and 2 and etc. But that's definitely with 'twink' gear worth a few hundred(s) million. You'll get there too 😄

• Thanks 1