Kheldian Form option: Aura

Chris24601

Standard Code Rant applies on how feasible this is, but The concept is simple.

I’d like to see an option for the Kheldian Nova and Dwarf forms in power customization options where, instead of becoming a squid or lobster, you remain in “human” appearance and maybe have a glowing aura to indicate you’re in an “alternate form.” Your other powers would still shut down and you’d only be able to use your form attacks; you’d just look normal while doing so.

I recall a glitch on live where this would actually happen from time to time and I remember some people deliberately trying to trigger it so they could still enjoy their costumes without gimping themselves by using a human only build.

So that’s what I’d like to see if it’s at all feasible.

• Like 2

Perhaps.

I'd settle for you just floating (squid) or standing (lobster) there with a glow around you and doing the blast/punch animations for the form as appropriate... Hell, I'd settle for being in Mu Mystic pose and shooting blasts from your head for an alternate squid power animation if that's what it took.

A minimum FX option is probably doable. The form attacks already animate in human form when you preview them in the character creator.
Giving players the option a way to utilize form powers without being forced into the visuals those forms bring is probably not even lore breaking tbh. I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy and use this option. Some people dislike the Dwarf and Nova visuals so much for their interference with costume visibility and theme, that they pass over playing the AT at all as a result. 
I can't see how the cosmetic option could be seen as negative.

• Like 1

I would love this.  I'm sure it would be.... Unfun... to code.  I think some animations / powers are regrettably intertwined. 

But the biggest reason I have never made a Tri-Form character is I *hate* the look of the squid. 

I know, lots of people love it, and all power do you. It doesn't do it for me.