Incandescence stacking

Funkenstein

Hi,

not a bug but something kind of problematic :

Destiny Incandescence stacking.

How is it possible such a thing could go under radar ?

Isn't possible to flag the power as not stackable ?

It's merely a pvp zone problem, as arena is commonly Alpha only.

The worst thing is it's a vicious circle. The more we know others players take it, the more we'll tend take it... then on teams you'll go with something like 300% heal bonus, Heals or green pills becomes absurdly op.

So just a little thing : flag it as unstackable.

Regards

10 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

Hi,

The worst thing is it's a vicious circle. The more we know others players take it, the more we'll tend take it... then on teams you'll go with something like 300% heal bonus, Heals or green pills becomes absurdly op.

Regards

I think you stated the solution to your own problem, “the arena is commonly Alpha only”.

thank you, see you there.

13 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

Hi,

Regards

All Destiny powers stack by design.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

They are intended to be league wide buffs that you can stack with up to 30+ people to tackle incarnate level threats.   You can cap out defense, resistance, recharge, recovery, and regeneration between (on top of allowing aura heals to be as potent as  or much more powerful than single target heals with incan stacking)

The zones should IMO remain the wild west for PvP, anything goes. You want to go back to your base every 2 minutes to refil tier 3 greens? Go for it.  You want to team up with people to stack 10 incans so each green heals you for 3000 HP, more power to you.    You want to camp the other side with 3 to 1 odds? You do you bby. 

There is no balancing factor in the zones, no real win / loss mechanics tied directly to PvP, no penalty for dying or removing yourself from the fight or sitting inside the safety of your base.  

If you want a more competitive / balanced environment, as others have said check out the arena.  You have stakes, kills / deaths / resource management matter and everyone is on a pretty equal playing field, numbers are always even and there is no safe zone to hide in. 

• Like 3

I kind of agree with what you said.

Zone is wild... but... if there's some way to temper the thing, why not ?

To me Destinys are poorly designed, the stack of these isn't really needed for incarnate level threats. In league, there's plenty of buffs (easier since the one button buff all at once change), lots of leadership stacks etc

One iteration of these is more than ok. A refresher could be enough, making it kind of perma. But yeah it would be a PVE change, just to nerf a pvp "exploit"... so i see the problem. But the pve is already really easy, i don't know if it will really impact that much.

For the arena, of course it's better & cleaner, i know all of these factors (playing since I4).

Helas, some people can't practice that much, mostly because of shedule time (EU). And that's a major brake to jump in it regularly.

Anyway, thanks for your answers

I/we do really hope you invested pvper also cares of the wild side of the coin.

Another idea often mentioned : making Warburg a lvl 50 zone. (or 30-50) with mobs in it unleveled, like the invasion ones.

But that's another topic...

Edited by Funkenstein

19 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

To me Destinys are poorly designed, the stack of these isn't really needed for incarnate level threats. In league, there's plenty of buffs (easier since the one button buff all at once change), lots of leadership stacks etc

One iteration of these is more than ok. A refresher could be enough, making it kind of perma. But yeah it would be a PVE change, just to nerf a pvp "exploit"... so i see the problem. But the pve is already really easy, i don't know if it will really impact that much.

For the arena, of course it's better & cleaner, i know all of these factors (playing since I4).

Helas, some people can't practice that much, mostly because of shedule time (EU). And that's a major brake to jump in it regularly.

Another idea often mentioned : making Warburg a lvl 50 zone. (or 30-50) with mobs in it unleveled, like the invasion ones.

There's also diminishing returns in PvP which affects any stacking buffs. Incandescence is no exception to this.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 1/31/2020 at 3:36 AM, Funkenstein said:

I think the problem becomes inserting special rulesets into an area where everyone has their own idea of what is fair and balanced.  When the server first relaunched, this topic was brought up (alpha only RV) and I was initially for it but there were a good many zone PvP'ers who came in and basically said "No, we want the chance to be at maximum power, anything goes, etc" 

So I came around to the idea of letting Zone PvP be Zone PvP.  See how broken you could make things with the general idea that eventually people would figure out some of the ultra cheese that comes with zone PvP. 

Incan stacking is the tip of the iceberg.  You have base TP macros to keep you from ever dying, you have loading into the arena to reset tier 9 powers every 6 minutes (Tier 9 /burnout / tier9), you have the base TP macro to refill inspirations on demand.  etc etc etc.   

Thanks again for the precisions.

Like you explain, it seems to be a dead end (or to much work for little reward).

I personnaly don't care about dying, it's part of the game and sometimes the fun of it. But yeah some likes to exploit every bit they can to not be defeated or to be the superior one (like if their balls were committed to)

I'll tend to ignore these or go away if it's doesn't fit my play.

We can close the topic :)

Regards