Katana or KM / ?

NemeanLion

So I'm looking to start up a new character based around a specific concept. Punisher-style vigilante, so I'm wanting to keep away from super flashy powersets and go mostly Natural, possibly minor Mutation.

For Primary, I'm mostly looking at Katana (because who doesn't love a little added +Def?) but Kinetic Melee looks neat. Unfortunately, my understanding is that KM is "meh" at best and not really very good for Brutes because of the long animations and low base damage not benefiting much from Siphon Power. Is that true, or is KM viable for a solo Brute?

For Secondaries, I know Willpower is and always has been a very solid set, but it's also very common. I'm tempted to try out Bio Armor and RP it as a mutation allowing him direct control over his endocrine system and enhanced cellular regeneration.

Open to suggestions for both, but the main goals here are to keep within the concept, able to effectively solo most content without spending a fortune in IO sets, and not be gasping for End after every mob.

10 hours ago, NemeanLion said:

so I'm wanting to keep away from super flashy powersets and go mostly Natural, possibly minor Mutation.

Don't go KM then. It is quite flashy. You will be far better served with katana or dual blades in both theme and function.

10 hours ago, NemeanLion said:

I'm tempted to try out Bio Armor and RP it as a mutation allowing him direct control over his endocrine system and enhanced cellular regeneration.

Hell yeah, bio armor is fantastic. In offensive stance it gives you an almost 10%-res pbaoe aura.