Thugs/Rad?

THEDarkTyger

The main reason for this being an odd combo is /Rad. Thugs is solid, it will really "work" with any secondary, but /Rad just doesn't provide as much(for MM) as the top-tier powersets like /Time or /Dark. I wrote a post comparing them here. The "offensive" secondaries like /Rad don't mesh too well with MM, because we need to beef up our pet survivability. 

That said, /Rad isn't so bad that you couldn't play thugs with it, but I don't have a build offhand, sorry.

I played a Beasts/Rad MM and I found that to be really tricky because it has no shields to keep your pets alive. It has other compensations and as we know, some wicked debuffs but once a boss starts wailing deteminedly on your minions they've few places to go but down. Try it and see how it works for you

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Thugs/Thermal would be *alright* but not the best combination...

A less combined combination that would be glorious would be Thugs/Cold. Great defense buffs on their high defense bases, extra res to fire and cold doesn't hurt, -regen debuffs, -res debuffs, a rain power, slows, -defense, good res for them as well from the AOE toggle. This combination is rarely seen but extremely effective.

19 hours ago, 33053222 said:

Thugs/Thermal would be *alright* but not the best combination...

A less combined combination that would be glorious would be Thugs/Cold. Great defense buffs on their high defense bases, extra res to fire and cold doesn't hurt, -regen debuffs, -res debuffs, a rain power, slows, -defense, good res for them as well from the AOE toggle. This combination is rarely seen but extremely effective.

I have a thugs/cold at 50. I can attest that this combo is STOUT. Pets are soft capped, plus Cold has all the extra goodies...-regen, -to hit, -resistance, -defense, + end recovery, etc etc.

It's a fun and powerful build. Plus teams usually love what /Cold has to offer.

• Thanks 1