Peacebrings and Epic power pools.

mrfreedom

Firestars pipedream to fix Peacebringers 

Peacebringer  Epic Power pools. How to epically fix Peacebringers. (ws too, someone who knows more about ws could write one up. 

Peacebringers 

Solar Storm - DPS - Selecting this power pool will cause your damage cap increase to 500% and damage modifier for melee to go to 1.2 and ranged to 1 in human form and 1.5 in Nova and Dwarf respectively.  (Yes these numbers are high. A blanket buff to damage.) Selecting his Power pool will also cause light form to only give 26.25 resistances across the board and the crash will now only take ¼ endurance and ¼ health. 

Powers:

1. Quantum Ray  Relativistic Jet OR Blazar - Snipe attack. Extreme damage.- I would put this on par with Corruptors snipes. Energy damage. Follow the same rules as all other snipe attacks. 

2. Binary Strike - Damage Extreme - Uses HP kinda of like Energy transfer.

3. Celestial sphere - Damage superior but Damage over time. Send a ball of energy to aoe. Would be on par with photon seekers damage. 

Radiant Sun - Healing - Selecting this power pool will cause your damage cap to decrease to 375% Ranged and Melee modifiers will go down .10. I must admit these next ideas probably are not feasible but would be cool. This will also change some previous powers. You will be given a respec.

Power changes: Human form and Bright nova.

1. Photon Scatter and Bright Nova scatter will now heal friendly targets instead of dealing damage. Human Scatter will be regular base heal and Nova Scatter will be a slight heal with a HoT.

2. Photon Seekers will now deal 80% less damage and on explosion will heal members within 40 yards x amount.

Powers

1. Accretion Disk - This is like hurricane. It wouldn’t do -to hit but would apply a -res.

2. Solar winds  - (toggle location aoe) Sends soothing soothing winds to a location at heals periodically.  This will also apply a -regen to any enemy in area. Not high, maybe 90%? 

3. Radiant Shield - Casts like Shield defender. But with these 4% def 9% resist all but psionic. 

Quantum Flare - Tanking - Damage cap will be the same but melee and ranged damage modifiers will be .75. All attacks will have the taunt like brutes and tankers built in.  I can’t choose which one but either Pulsar or glowing touch will now be a taunt. Light Form Will drop to 30% resist and 10% defenses. With crash only tanking endurance. Shifting into White Dwarf will now apply a phalanx fighting type of def. (assume half of what phalanx fighting gives) Bright nova attacks will be halved ranged but apply a huge taunt. 

Power changes:

1. Dawn Strike would be replaced with something like foot stomp. Or foot stomp. 

2. Photon Seekers will now do 50% less damage and taunt. 

3. Radiant Strike can now be used in White Dwarf

4. “Foot stomp attack can now be used in White Dwarf. 

Powers

1. Red Giant Toggle that stays in all 3 forms. Grants 8% Def to Melee Ranged aoe. This is boosted to 10% in White Dwarf and decreased to 6% in Nova

2. Supernova Remnant minor Pbaoe Dot

3. Stellar mass You hibernate for 6 seconds with high def and high resists and pulse a aoe taunt once every second for 6 seconds

Edited by mrfreedom
changed name
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later
38 minutes ago, Iron Alex said:

quick question.. are there 5 powers lister here..  i like the first one getting a snipe power.. also damage buff is a must!!!!

3 unique powers to each set. DPS healing and tanking. BUT in healing and tanking, some of your abilities would get changed to be better support/tanking. DPS set gets a huge dps buff. 

So to preface this I like all of this. I think it would be a great way to introduce additional customizabilty to the Peacebringers archetype while still keeping it unique from the other archetype epic power pools. I don’t really have much to bring in the realm of mechanical improvements, just to add my voice as someone who thinks this would be a nice addition.

My only note for naming would be, instead of quantum ray, maybe call the snipe something like “relativistic jet” or something like that? I associate Peacebringers with bright, hot matter or plasma in space, whereas I associate Warshades with gravity, black holes, the absence of light and heat.

Relativistic jets are these huge beams (sometimes hundreds of thousands, or even millions of light years long) of ejected radioactive matter that shoot from massive black holes at close to the speed of light (hence relativistic). In terms of astrophysics it is a good example of a “snipe” in terms of raw destructive power and reach in the universe.

It would lend itself nicely to creating a dichotomy between accretion disk (intensely bright and hot infalling matter that orbits a black hole, falling IN) in the tank pool and relativistic jet (matter shooting AWAY from a black hole) in the DPS pool.

Just my two inf. Otherwise I don’t have anything to offer 🙂

Edited by Safehouse

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

Safehouse, I like Accretion disk due to what it would be doing. Sure things wouldn't fall into but it's swirling around the Peacebringer. (that name might be better suited for warshade) But I did like your name change. I even added Blazar as an option. 

9 hours ago, Safehouse said:

instead of quantum ray, maybe call the snipe something like “relativistic jet”

5 minutes ago, mrfreedom said:

I even added Blazar as an option.

Blazar ... Magnetar ... there are so many fascinating astrophysical phenomena to choose from ...

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

7 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Blazar ... Magnetar ... there are so many fascinating astrophysical phenomena to choose from ...

Absolutely love astrophysics. I enjoy reading books about it on my free time 🙂

I definitely prefer blazar to relativistic jet actually! It’s short and to the point but still  conveys that sense of raw power!

magnetars are among the coolest phenomena out there imo. I wonder if there’s a way to come up with a power that has to do with creating a magnetic field so intense it shreds Spacetime itself? 😆

Main/Planned Characters:

7 hours ago, mrfreedom said:

Safehouse, I like Accretion disk due to what it would be doing. Sure things wouldn't fall into but it's swirling around the Peacebringer. (that name might be better suited for warshade) But I did like your name change. I even added Blazar as an option. 

Oh yes i like accretion disk, I may not have made that clear. I think it’s a cool name and a cool power 🙂 

Main/Planned Characters:

16 hours ago, Safehouse said:

magnetars are among the coolest phenomena out there imo. I wonder if there’s a way to come up with a power that has to do with creating a magnetic field so intense it shreds Spacetime itself?

Tank spec.

Magnetar Distortion - White Dwarf becomes so dense and creates a powerful magnetic field. All enemies within a 25 yard radius gets caught in the Magnetar magnetic field and gets sucked to the Peacebringer. (something along those lines)

9 hours ago, mrfreedom said:

Magnetar Distortion - White Dwarf becomes so dense and creates a powerful magnetic field. All enemies within a 25 yard radius gets caught in the Magnetar magnetic field and gets sucked to the Peacebringer. (something along those lines)

So ... basically copy Wormhole from Gravity Control (dropping the chance for Overpower) ... but make it a PBAoE (range 0) instead of a Target AoE (range 80 ft) with a radius of 20ft (copy of Wormhole) and make it do Knockdown instead of Knockback so it dumps everyone around the caster on top of the caster?

I'd just call the power Magnetar (since Magnetars are Neutron Stars with MASSIVE magnetic fields, not White Dwarf stars) and give it to Peacebringers AND Warshades in an epic pool.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

30 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

So ... basically copy Wormhole from Gravity Control (dropping the chance for Overpower) ... but make it a PBAoE (range 0) instead of a Target AoE (range 80 ft) with a radius of 20ft (copy of Wormhole) and make it do Knockdown instead of Knockback so it dumps everyone around the caster on top of the caster?

I'd just call the power Magnetar (since Magnetars are Neutron Stars with MASSIVE magnetic fields, not White Dwarf stars) and give it to Peacebringers AND Warshades in an epic pool.

Was saying it can be used in White Dwarf form only. That's all I was getting at. I know what they are. Just trying to give the name some pazazzzzz