Mastermind - Henchmen Buffs - Make Buff Powers from Henchmen AoE

Back in Issue 20.5, single-target buffs were changed to be made AoE to help reduce the insane wait time on setup time for groups.  However, Masterminds never got this change with their pets to help their wait time.  Most MM Tier 2 henchmen have buff powers that give survivability to all the henchmen, and even to the Mastermind!  It's the same reason they gave their "Upgrade" powers AoE as well, to reduce just....waiting, for no reason.

The only obstacle I could see with this change, is making sure the AoE buffs don't affect other teammates.  You'd have to make it so the power can only affect the MM and their henchmen.

I think the difference between henchman buffs, and ally buffs and henchmen upgrades, is that the latter were intended to be granted to all teammates/henchmen at once from the get-go, while the former were intentionally balanced around how long it would take the AI to use them.

Back in Issue 20.5, single-target buffs were changed to be made AoE to help reduce the insane wait time on setup time for groups.  However, Masterminds never got this change with their pets to help their wait time.  Most MM Tier 2 henchmen have buff powers that give survivability to all the henchmen, and even to the Mastermind!  It's the same reason they gave their "Upgrade" powers AoE as well, to reduce just....waiting, for no reason.

The only obstacle I could see with this change, is making sure the AoE buffs don't affect other teammates.  You'd have to make it so the power can only affect the MM and their henchmen.

Most henchman buffs DO effect team mates.  I think only robotics shields don't work on others.  I know demon's shields do work on team mates.  Plus the pets bubble really quickly and automatically renew it when it wears off so there is no waiting. 

Most henchman buffs DO effect team mates.  I think only robotics shields don't work on others.  I know demon's shields do work on team mates.  Plus the pets bubble really quickly and automatically renew it when it wears off so there is no waiting.

I've only seen them work on the Mastermind, not the whole team.  And even though the pets bubble during combat, this doesn't solve the issue of dying in combat, which is rare, but it can happen, and having your pets be super squishy while the bots are still trying to cast shields one by one.  Just overall time spent on them shielding is just too long.