Elec/Kin Solo Troller

icehero

Elec/Kin is a rock solid team support character with loads of damage boosting for more offense-minded friends and soft control for locking down big groups of enemies. What it lacks, however, even with Fulcrum Shift maxed out, is enough base damage to sufficiently facemurder wave upon wave of enemies the way one needs for a farming controller.

I never feel like I'm not contributing when I play my Elec/Kin, but that's a build which functions more as a force multiplier than a solo farmer. 

Had an elec/kin, rolled it to 41. The whole way I loved the animations, I loathed the sounds and I eventually stopped.

Low damage, slow to spread control mechanism, poor synergy with kin.

I have many kin ATs, fire/kin, grav/kin (defender), kin/water, Ill/kin. I even tried an elec/kin corrupter and deleted at 44.

Elec/kin controller was very low in damage and as such was teams only, as the set was abysmal at solo.

Like the others, I would agree that Elec/Kin is a good set but not one for soloing. Kinetics is a damage multiplier, but that means that you want to have attacks with more damage so that you get a greater effect out of multiplying it. I would suggest:

Fire, for the highest base damages for a Controller (Fire/Kin is a known power build)

Plant, for high personal damage, plus extra damage from Carrion Creepers that can be buffed with FS (though timing is an issue)

Dark, for decent damage plus buffable extra pets (Haunts)

32 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Kinetics is a damage multiplier, but that means that you want to have attacks with more damage so that you get a greater effect out of multiplying it.

Gravity/Kinetics for multiplying Impact+Containment as well as Wormhole+Fulcrum Shift.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.