Anyone playing on a high refresh rate monitor?

I know nothing about tech.  So i spend mony. I have a brand new 55” HD tv monitor i got in Nov and use as a game monitor. I dialed most if the setting in game to pretty high.  Water quality and reflections are beautiful.

my only compliant is the one i have on all things MMORPG. When you get big high level teams you might as well forget it because your monitor turns into a rorshak test if shape color ans special effects. whatever tou believe is happening there is what you have to assume is

the next gen MMORPG will hopefully look at This issue i am hoping.  

But (with zero tech exp) get a comp that has a dedicated graphics card a high end monitor and knock the sliders up all the way and have fun

I play at 240hz and don't remember having to do anything besides pick the right refresh rate from the resolution drop down, but FYI, this game is so poorly optimized you'll rarely be much above 60 fps anyway.

8 hours ago, nzer said:

FYI, this game is so poorly optimized you'll rarely be much above 60 fps anyway.

It sounds a bit hyperbolic to me, but perhaps you're mostly playing leagues or raids. My own experience, on a $800 computer from 2015, is the other way around: I'm most often well above 60 FPS, and dips under that are tied to specific circumstances.

But to be fair, I'm not using the preset Ultra settings. Some graphic settings will absolutely murder your framerate for very little visual improvement. Decreasing shader quality alone can double your framerate.

Edited by nihilii

144Hz 32" curved @1920X1080 and getting 130FPS standing in Brickstown. Only thing I had to do was disable the FPS cap I had set because Fallout4 freaks out above 70FPS. Settings cranked to 11.

FPS, of course, drops when I'm in Atlas Park but generally stays well above 60.