Looking to Rebuild a Brute as a scrapper ?/Super Reflexes (opinions?)

demonss
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So back int he day I had a Super Strength Super Reflexes Brute and he was awesome.

I could run the wall and taunt everyone around and foot stomp things to death.

Lots of fun.

But he also overlapped with my Invuln/SS tanker.  So I was thinking this time if I remake him I would remove the SS from the equation.

The build I have breaks the soft cap on Melee Ranged and AOE by like 5%.  That's not a huge number but it's enough to keep a purple in the insp and pop it if needed.

So I'm wondering what other builds to go.

I know nothing about Radiation or Psychic melee but they are tempting as  i've never messed with them..

I feel like anything that gives +def to melee is fine but not really necessary at the soft cap (sort of a wasted power at that point);

I've been considering dual blades I remember getting a DB scrapper to 32 before and the combo system was fun.

I've never really played claws more than up to like level 20ish

Psychic sounds interesting but I wonder if it's ineffective at parts of the game due to non human enemies.

And Radiation.. I know nothing.. but it's new!

I've also never tried titan weapons which appears to have a bunch of AoE damage.. Is it slow?  I imagine it would be right?

Those are kind of the Options I'm considering and would love some feedback!

Ideally I'd like some AOE capabilities (more than SS offers at least).

None of the above, go Dark Melee/SR and then all other primaries will feel subpar combined with SR.

Interesting thought.. What should I be looking for in dark. I only dabbled with it slightly in the past.

The thing which makes Dark standout is it comes with a heal. Its AoE is "eh." It would be nice if Shadow Maul's animation time was closer to sane considering you have to deal with the cone aspect.

I played Claws/regen to 50. I rerolled to Claws/sr when coming back, and there's little unexpected from it. I like it most from the ones you listed. The KB and KD powers recharge fast enough to offer nice mitigation as well and they have range. I loved using Shockwave as an opener since the KB put things on their butts. You in a sense could minimize alpha strike against you.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

The thing which makes Dark standout is it comes with a heal. Its AoE is "eh." It would be nice if Shadow Maul's animation time was closer to sane considering you have to deal with the cone aspect.

I played Claws/regen to 50. I rerolled to Claws/sr when coming back, and there's little unexpected from it. I like it most from the ones you listed. The KB and KD powers recharge fast enough to offer nice mitigation as well and they have range. I loved using Shockwave as an opener since the KB put things on their butts. You in a sense could minimize alpha strike against you.

I second what what was said above regarding DM. It has a high damage st attack that also heals for a decent amount. Let's face it, the rng is going to cause you to get hit at some point, and it's going to hurt.

I solo'ed AV's with both my Dm/sr and my claws/sr, the Dm/sr was more survivable.

Interesting thought.. What should I be looking for in dark. I only dabbled with it slightly in the past.

Dark Melee is a toolbox set, a heay hitter that also immobilizes, a heavy hitting self heal, a powerful ST debuffer that also terrorizes foes, an awesome aoe Build Up that also deals AoE dmg but what makes it work so well with SR is that all its attacks have a To Hit Debuff component that works great with defense. If you get some additional AoE via pool powers (spring attack is ok) or via ancillary pools (Fire Ball for more dmg, Energy Torrent also adds active dmg mitigation, Night Fall/Tenebrous Tentacles also add aoe ToHit debuff) you will have an amazing scrapper overall.

I ran both Energy Torrent and Shockwave on a Claws Scapper many years ago - the combined knocks could really help break up an alpha strike.

That said, if your willing to walk away from heavy AOE, Dark Melee is a damned fine set because it brings so many different things to the table - pretty much wverything -but- AOE murderball.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute