Fire Doms: Bonfire questions

Idiotfool

Hello, all.

I have a Fire/Ice Dominator that I'm leveling up and I finally got Bonfire the other day. So far, the power is great, and I think I'll love it more when I can slot in Sudden Acceleration to change knockback to knockdown. I am curious about how this power is affected by other boost powers, though.

• Does Domination have any affect, at all, on the magnitude of knock effects?
  • How about /Ice's Power Boost?
  • When I have permadom and permahasten, I'll be able to cast this 3 times. Will this affect AVs? Do Knock powers stack, like holds/disorient/confusion do?

I don't want to be greedy, but I'd like to know - how can I make this power even more effective, aside from Sudden Acceleration slotting?

Thanks!

Full disclosure: My Bonfire is frankenslotted with Procs (including +Recharge and (Overwhelming Force? or Sudden Acceleration?) KB->KD). Mileage may improve with actual KB sets.

As near as I can tell (and I haven't checked logs) the Knockback(Down) in Bonfire doesn't behave like a Control power. I would be happy to be wrong, but I haven't seen it stack and it doesn't appear to contribute to extra WAYLAY! incarnate damage.

Edited by tidge

The +Recharge affects the caster only... well, it probably affects the pet, but pet powers are flagged to ignore +Recharge bonuses, so that makes no difference.

Knockback does stack if they trigger at the same time, but it's pretty irrelevant. You don't want a higher value of knockback since knockdown is preferred, and I believe that AVs have both resistance to and protection from KB effects, which will mean that you can't stack it high enough to break their protection. I have seen them get knocked down, but I think it's only when the purple triangles are down.

The +Recharge is for the Dom, not the Bonfire. I think my Dom has permadom with Hasten, but IIRC is a fraction of a cast time short of permahasten. The timing of Bonfire is such that every proc fires, so the recharge there closes the gap for permahasten.

• 2 weeks later