Ice/Poison Build

energizing_ion

Hello all!

I've been wanting to make a toon with the Poison powerset recently and think I've decided on Ice/Poison Controller.  I figured with the pbaoe/melee nature of Ice Control would pair well with Poison's Venomous Gas power...

I'm looking for thoughts on builds for the toon: either cap'd S/L def or someway of sustainability/living in end game content would be nice. 

The powers that I would usually skip:

Chillbain (which I just noticed that in Mids it's mis-spelled as: Chilblain :p)

Shiver

Flash Freeze

Neurotoxic Breath

Elixir of Life

Antidote

Flight for travel works for me...and I can take any of the powers above if needed for set bonuses.

You'll have two PBAoE auras, so you'll want to be on the ground during combat, and you'd probably want Combat Jumping for that.  Not saying to keep out of Fly for a travel power, just that if you take Fly that means you'll be dipping into two, possibly three travel pools (if you opt for Hasten as well).

I would consider NOT skipping one of Shiver or Neurotoxic Breath, or at least trying them once you get your MUST HAVES out of the way.   With so many skippable powers in Ice/Poison, you'll have room, and neither requires slotting beyond an acc/slow in the default slot.  Shiver fired off after Ice Slick pretty much ends combat, period. 

While you'll hit the Slow Cap (there is one) either with or without Shiver/Neurotoxic Breath, doing so from range can save you most of the pounding you'd get once you close into melee, and will keep mobs relatively clumped so your narrow AoE debuffs have a tighter group to hit.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

From the same people that brought you the Gospel of SPIN!!!

I made her on Torch, and the best thing about her? bind a key to powexecname poison trap$$em dance

I was going to take more SPIN on her but alas she couldn't handle Whirlwind. So stacking confusion it was...

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Vivacious Viv: Level 50 Science Controller
Primary Power Set: Ice Control
Secondary Power Set: Poison
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Block of Ice -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(19), Lck-Rchg/Hold(19), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(21), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(21), Lck-%Hold(23)
Level 1: Alkaloid -- HO:Golgi(A)
Level 2: Envenom -- ShlBrk-DefDeb(A), ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(3), ShlBrk-Acc/Rchg(3), ShlBrk-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(5), ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), ShlBrk-%Dam(7)
Level 4: Weaken -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(7), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(9), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(9), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(11), CldSns-%Dam(11)
Level 6: Arctic Air -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(13), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(13), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(15), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(17), CrcPrs-Conf%(17)
Level 8: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(50)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 12: Ice Slick -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Elixir of Life -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 18: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Antidote -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def(25)
Level 26: Glacier -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(27), Lck-Rchg/Hold(27), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31), Lck-%Hold(31)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(29), LucoftheG-Def(29)
Level 30: Frostbite -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(33), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(33), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(34)
Level 32: Jack Frost -- BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(A), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(34), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(36), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), BldMnd-Acc(36), BldMnd-Dmg(37)
Level 35: Poison Trap -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(39)
Level 38: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RechRdx-I(43), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 41: Mind Over Body -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(42), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Ags-ResDam(42), Ags-Psi/Status(43)
Level 44: Psionic Tornado -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(45), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46)
Level 47: Venomous Gas -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(48), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(48), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(48)
Level 49: World of Confusion -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(40), PrfShf-End%(46)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
------------

Edited by Nemu

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

You def want procs in poison trap. 6 if your build can make it happen , 3 of which can be purple damage procs.

You likely want some sort of mez protection as a ton of survivability is generated through arctic air and venomous gas. If they go down, you go down. 

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions all!  :)

I'm fine with pretty much any travel power beyond TP, wasn't thinking when I originally typed my post as it seems most of my toons have flight as the travel now.  But yeah, since I'll be on the ground/melee most of the time, CJ/SJ works better.    :)

I'm curious about if I put the Entomb: Rchg/Chance for +Absorb proc in Poison Trap...would that have a chance of proc'ing and giving me (and teammates?) absorb/health?  Would it proc and heal the baddies (assuming no but....)?

Lots of options here and I like it. :)