Iron Character!(A contest) - Sunday 4/26 3pm PST

_Kai_

EDIT - Round two, this Sunday! See details in the last post!

Do you have some names that you really wish you had a concept for? Do you have fun seeing what you can do with a name? Welcome to Iron Character!

This is a contest I will be running on Saturday, 3/21 for fun, names, and prizes!  You'll come in with a name and 500k, and walk away with a different name and possibly some winnings!

How this Works

You offer a good one or two word name that's languishing in your roster and 500k, don't post the name publicly though!

I arrange to get them from you and store those on my contest account and give you a number(Don't have to transfer them until the day of, but you *can* transfer it earlier if you like)

Saturday at 3pm, I draw numbers and pass out all the names to all those who entered

You have one hour from when I finish to make a costume and a backstory for the name you now have

I, and some volunteer judges, will check out what you all made, and award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place influence awards from the entry pot!

Location will be in Kallisti, exact spot TBD

When we're done, I'll compile a list of any names you all release into the wild and post them up in the Drop a Name topic for the rest of the server 🙂 Hit me up here, in PM, or in game or on Homecoming or City of Roleplay's Discord where I am @Kai !

Edited by _Kai_
  • Thanks 1

I've got a name and some funds to put into the mix!  Thanks for running, Kai!

Lead of the <New Praetorians Initiative> supergroup.  Goldside enjoyer.  Perennial RP-etiquette overthinker.

Most of my writing is SG-internal, but the following are SFMA that anybody should be able to play if you want new story-based content.

• NPI: Duray, Duray | 25575: - The New Praetorians scramble to stop the Praetorian and Primal Virgil Durays from getting the band back together.
  • NPI: Brickstown Vice | 36729, 40648, 40803 - The New Praetorians aid Marauder in a drug bust that dredges up his past.  Branches into two paths.
  • NPI: Red Resistance | 43796 - The New Praetorians run afoul of vigilantes after a robbery gone wrong.  Crossover with <Hero Corps Founders Falls>.
  • NPI: Leucochloridium | 44863: - A wellness check on a Woodvale cleanup officer turns over unfinished, Praetorian business.
  • How Emperor Cole Saved Christmas | 45794 - A 100% authentic simulation of how Emperor Cole singlehandedly saved the holiday of Christmas!
  • Bassilisk | 51947 - Several Paragon City villain groups fight over the Rikti's dumbest entirely-canonical doomsday weapon.
  • A Freakshow Love Story | 54544 - Ganymede the cherub calls upon heroes to break up a toxic romance that's going to have explosive fallout!

Thanks for the participants who showed for this first round! The names offered and given out for concepts were:

Big Al Hazred(which, organizer failure, I misread as Big Al Hazard)

Angel USA

Absentee

Power Loader

Subnet Mask

Restraint

All the previous owners of the names agreed that the person who ended up with the name did a much better job than they had, and 36mil in prizes were given away! 

Due to generous donations by the community, this event will be back next month!  The AE in Kallisti is located at the back doors of the building in the central Plaza, its non functional, but a great setting for small contests.  Thanks everyone for coming, donating, and having fun!  I encourage those who participated to share their bio stories, they were all amazing!

IronCharacter1.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ZeroKai said:

I encourage those who participated to share their bio stories, they were all amazing!

Big Al Hazard, AKA "The one man wrecking crew", was one of the most notorious hitmen of his time. He was renowned, not for his percision, class, or tact, but for his ability to send a message. Al was not the man you sent to do things quietly, he was the man you sent when you wanted a real spectacle. You know when he has finished a job, because a city block would be gone by the end of it. However, his carrer was cut short when he attempted to do some work in Paragon city. He massively underestimated the heroes there, and was majorly wounded and arrested a week after his arrival in the city.

For most, this would be the end, rotting away in a jail cell for the rest of their days, but not for Al. He spent years planning his escape and his return, and now he roams the streets again. He is still nowhere near his previous peak strength, but he is slowly building himself up, preparing for the day when he can finally exact his revenge on Paragon city.

For my part, I ended up with Subnet Mask, and thought it appropriate to make the character even though no prizes for me.  I chose to display the 'The' with the name so when targeted it says 'the Subnet Mask' and her battlecry is set to 'Come taste my banhammer!'

2020-03-21 13_57_27-Kallisti Wharf.png

• Like 1

Don't worry about the buy-in influence, that was because I as a player didn't have much to give away and wanted to make sure the winners went away with something extra. With all the generous donations from people with far more than me, I have plenty of prize money to give away now!

• Thanks 2

It's time for Round 2!  Do you have some names that you really wish you had a concept for? Do you have fun seeing what you can do with a name? Welcome to Iron Character!

This round will be on Sunday 4/26 at 3pm PST for fun, names, and prizes!  You'll come in with a name walk away with a different name and possibly some winnings!

How this Works

You offer a good one or two word name that's languishing in your roster, don't post the name publicly though!

I grab them from you on my contest account and give you a number(Don't have to transfer them until the day of, but you *can* transfer it earlier if you like)

Sunday at 3pm, I draw numbers and pass out all the names to all those who entered

You have one hour from when I finish to make a costume and a backstory for the name you now have

I'll award at minimum 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place influence awards!  There's 280mil in the prize pot right now, so who knows what else! Guest judges are also welcome to come and make their own awards!

Location will be in what was to be the Kallisti AE, go to Statesman Plaza, walk around the building from the statue, and click on the back doors

When we're done, I'll compile a list of any names you all release into the wild and post them up in the Drop a Name topic for the rest of the server 🙂 Hit me up here, in PM, or in game or on Homecoming or City of Roleplay's Discord where I am @Kai !

• Like 1

screenshot_200426-16-30-22.thumb.jpg.d010e82ebb3d407f3372dcebf23e6a4c.jpg

Left to right:

SoundFury (1st Place)

FourSee (2nd Place)

Starcharger

Hot Particle

Orchestrion (3rd Place)

Leftovers

Rainstorm

and Concuss

Orchestrion's backstory, in particular, had me in stitches.  Wish I'd saved it.

Lead of the <New Praetorians Initiative> supergroup.  Goldside enjoyer.  Perennial RP-etiquette overthinker.

Most of my writing is SG-internal, but the following are SFMA that anybody should be able to play if you want new story-based content.

• NPI: Duray, Duray | 25575: - The New Praetorians scramble to stop the Praetorian and Primal Virgil Durays from getting the band back together.
  • NPI: Brickstown Vice | 36729, 40648, 40803 - The New Praetorians aid Marauder in a drug bust that dredges up his past.  Branches into two paths.
  • NPI: Red Resistance | 43796 - The New Praetorians run afoul of vigilantes after a robbery gone wrong.  Crossover with <Hero Corps Founders Falls>.
  • NPI: Leucochloridium | 44863: - A wellness check on a Woodvale cleanup officer turns over unfinished, Praetorian business.
  • How Emperor Cole Saved Christmas | 45794 - A 100% authentic simulation of how Emperor Cole singlehandedly saved the holiday of Christmas!
  • Bassilisk | 51947 - Several Paragon City villain groups fight over the Rikti's dumbest entirely-canonical doomsday weapon.
  • A Freakshow Love Story | 54544 - Ganymede the cherub calls upon heroes to break up a toxic romance that's going to have explosive fallout!

This is the name given to me. As you can see, she's been out and about testing her suit. Since the contest she's realized a few things, pockets are super important and she really needed to do something with her hair!

Starcharger.png

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)