Facade

Ultimo

So, some years ago, I created a character for the old pen & paper Champions game.  He was a shape-changer, able to alter the form and function of his body in any way he could understand.  This means he could alter his body to be younger, older, taller, shorter, male or female, anything he wants.  More, he could alter his abilities, making himself stronger (increasing tensile strength and elasticity in muscles and bones), faster, tougher and so on.  He could even add limbs, such as wings or claws or what have you, so long as he understands how they would work mechanically.  So, he could make functional wings, because he can understand the mechanics of them; the necessary surface area, the arrangement of muscles, and so on.  He could NOT duplicate Superman's flight, because he can't fathom how it would WORK.

You get the idea.

So, when I played Champions Online, I recreated the character, borrowing from several power sets, super strength, claws, a bit of electrical melee (borrowing from electric eels), super speed, flight and so on.  However, City of Heroes is not as flexible as CO, so I wondered how I might recreate the character here.

What do you guys think?  How would you build this character?

(this is kind of a thought experiment, it's meant to be a fun challenge)

For this character, I would concentrate on costumes, rather than powers!

The game is created in a way where there is no link between the two, really, so you'd have to fudge it a bit and change power colours to those suitable for each costume.

You can now change gender per costume, but I don't know how.

Where powers are concerned, I'd probably go with Dominator and forget defense. Then you can vary it up between melee and ranged damage.

Good luck.

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

Well... I was thinking I could emulate the Super Strength with things like Air Superiority and the Fighting pool.  That would let me use the claws set as a primary or secondary, and then Regeneration as the other.  Flight, of course, and perhaps Super Speed.  Of course, that precludes the use of poison or electricity, but they're reasonable sacrifices, given the limitations of the game.

IMO 

I would go with a Claw/BIO/Mu mastery Brute or Tank.

What you called for is not as easy as it is in Champion Online. You can macro in a costume change but I do not think you can macro in a size change I could be wrong. Here is a link to costume change. 

Why Claw/Bio/Mu?

Bio has parasitic leach which is as close to a electric eel look I could think. Also Mu mastery has a cone melee shock  that come close to.  Also Bio has some weird transforming looking armor or you could go minimal fx and it has a surge of power looking color of choice going threw the muscle. Super strength looking powers you can get from power pools like you said. Best of luck.

Edited by Ironscarlet