My Illusion/Dark built for my special "RP" need

Papaschtroumpf

This is my current build (I'm in the mid 40s) very heavily inspired by a post in this forum. (almost) Perma PA, Perma Fade, and Perma Hasten. softcapped S/L resist, and gobs of ranged defense and I believe  softcapped for all positional defense  50% of the time. 

Relies on Spiritual alpha for perma hasten but still looks pretty good at lower levels.

The reason I said I "believe" I have sofcapped positional defense is that I'm not 50 yet and don't have incarnates so I can;t verify my theory: Clarion Destiny Radial has a built-in "power boost" that will increase secondary effects of your powers for 22.5(?) seconds. If I use it and hit fade within those 22.5 seconds, I believe Fade defense increase is boosted for its full 1 minute duration? 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Foxxy Lady: Level 50 Natural Controller
Primary Power Set: Illusion Control
Secondary Power Set: Darkness Affinity
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Spectral Wounds -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(23), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25)
Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- CldSns-%Dam(A), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(3), CldSns-ToHitDeb(3), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(17)
Level 2: Blind -- SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(A), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(13), SprOvrPrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(15), SprOvrPrs-EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(17)
Level 4: Deceive -- MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(A), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(5), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(5), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(9), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(11), MlsIll-Dam%(11)
Level 6: Darkest Night -- DarWtcDsp-Slow%(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(7), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(7), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(9)
Level 8: Superior Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(31)
Level 12: Howling Twilight -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 14: Tar Patch -- PcnoftheT--Rchg%(A)
Level 16: Shadow Fall -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(19), ShlWal-Def(21), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(29), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), GldArm-3defTpProc(37)
Level 18: Phantom Army -- ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(A), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(19), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(25), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(27), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(29)
Level 20: Fade -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(31), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Spectral Terror -- SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(33), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(34), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(34)
Level 28: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 32: Phantasm -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(36), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(37), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 35: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(39), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Rct-ResDam%(42), Rct-Def/Rchg(43), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 38: Dark Servant -- CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), CldSns-ToHitDeb(39), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(39), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(40), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(40), CldSns-%Dam(40)
Level 41: Soul Absorption -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(43), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(46), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(46), NmnCnv-Heal(46), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(48)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Dark Obliteration -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(48), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 49: Group Invisibility -- DefBuff-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon 
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany 
------------

The original build had Combat Jump with an LoTG and Kismet "+6% to-hit, but in this build I am putting "Form before Function": this character is an animal, and as a form of mild RP, I am trying to leave Beast Run on at all times to complete the illusion. That's not bad endurance-wise, but since Beast Run and Combat Jump are mutually exclusive, I never use combat jump, at the loss of 2.6% defense and the Acc from Kismet.  Between Beat Run + Sprint and jump/fly packs I can also forgo Superjump from the original build (allowing me to slot Maneuvers and its LoTG earlier). 

I'm also not sure what to take at 50. I originally had Assault for +15% damage but most of my damage comes from PA and my understanding is that its damage can't be boosted. Same reasoning for Soul Drain. Same with Tactics, although it would help with the control powers. And of course benefit the team, just as Assault. There are few reasons to stealth at lvl47+ so Group Invisibility would not be the best choice this late in the game.  

Black Hole is not very useful

So either travel power of Flash with an Endoplasm?

I'd love to get comments/feedback

Edited by Papaschtroumpf

Do you Exemplar much? I would tweak where you obtain certain powers, particularly bring Soul Absorption online sooner because it's a much more effective tool for aiding in lower level content.

(Just some personal opinion on skill choices...) I'm not particularly a fan of maximized defense but I found between Crowd Control, Pets, Heals, Buffs, and Debuffs so I felt comfortable sacrificing the Leadership (or Fighting) pool to pick up utility with Recall Friend for body-stacking Howling Twilight combinations (also having the option of Flash and a Travel power). I also opted for the Energy Epic line because Power Boost granting mega-heals and other bonuses have left me with stunning results.

Edited by Nayeh

I examplar a lot. Until I respec'd into the current build in around lvl 37 I had it earlier but found I never used it, so I actually pushed it out. Do you use for the Regen or the recovery?

I'm using the fighting pool more for the Tough resist than the def in Maneuvers but Maneuvers is also a mule for LoTG. I do see the utility of using TP to get the most out of HT. I'd love to get out of the fighting pool as I tend to have it on most of my builds.

Going Energy for Power Boost is definitely something to think about. 

Even though the build above says group invis, I'm currently planning on Flash.  It group invis could be an LoTG mule if I get out of the fighting pool

Some good thoughts I might play around with.

Here is my current version, I think I like the fighting pool in the end, the maxed S/L resist helps survivability. I don't have purples equipped yet, just their weaker equivalent, but I'm able to take aggro for a x8+4 team (doing any meaningful damage is another story...). 

I did take the advice to bring Soul Absorption earlier. The order slots are used in not necessarily right for leveling. It started that way but since I'm 50, I didn't worry about it as I moved things around in the build

I'm going to try Flash as my lvl 50 power. Not sure if a Superior Entomb Recharge/Chance for Absorb or a Lockdown Chance for +2 Mag hold is best. I think since the power is on a 70s cooldown with my build, it should proc pretty reliably? Do you know if the +2 Mag hold is chance is per target or per activation?

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Foxxy Lady: Level 50 Natural Controller
Primary Power Set: Illusion Control
Secondary Power Set: Darkness Affinity
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Spectral Wounds -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(21), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Apc-Acc/Rchg(23), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(25)
Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(3), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(3), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal(46), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(48)
Level 2: Blind -- SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(A), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(13), SprOvrPrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(15), SprOvrPrs-EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(17)
Level 4: Deceive -- CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(A), CrcPrs-Conf(5), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(5), CrcPrs-Conf%(9), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(11), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(11)
Level 6: Darkest Night -- DarWtcDsp-Slow%(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(7), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(7), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(9)
Level 8: Superior Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(31)
Level 12: Howling Twilight -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 14: Tar Patch -- PcnoftheT--Rchg%(A)
Level 16: Shadow Fall -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(19), ShlWal-Def(21), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(29), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), GldArm-3defTpProc(37)
Level 18: Phantom Army -- SlbAll-Build%(A), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(19), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(25), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(27), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(29)
Level 20: Fade -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(31), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 24: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Spectral Terror -- SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(33), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(34), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(34)
Level 28: Soul Absorption -- CldSns-Acc/Rchg(A), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(31), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(43), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(46)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 32: Phantasm -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(36), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(37), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 35: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(39), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Rct-ResDam%(42), Rct-Def/Rchg(43), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 38: Dark Servant -- CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), CldSns-ToHitDeb(39), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(39), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(40), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(40), CldSns-%Dam(40)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Dark Obliteration -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Dmg(48), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Flash -- Lck-%Hold(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon 
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany 
------------

Some good thoughts. Yes, Superior Invis is exclusive with Shadow Falls. 

There are great uses is SI in solo, for example to confuse a for without aggroing, or simply to position, etc... But I mostly team and rarely find it useful except for stealthing missions and then switch back to Shadow Falls.

I generally don't like "always on" invisibility, I work hard on my costumes, I want them to be seen (that RP aspect again). I even often switch shadowfall off for travel. But this powerset combo makes it mostly inevitable.

I finally respec'd in the build above with purples, superiors, etc.... and I'm quite happy with the results, whether min/maxed or not.