I believe something is wrong with the invention crafting and badges

WillParkinson

I've been working on crafting and working toward the page, but I discovered something weird. I created five 'Invention: Healing/Absorb (Recipe) Level 25. I had 7 of 12 created toward the badge, but after making the other five, I'm still only at 7/12.

So I set to testing. I'm finding that many I craft are not getting credit toward the corresponding badges.

Thank you.

Oh, aren't the badges for crafting specific generic IO's tied to making 2 types, not just 1? Take a look at the badge and see what the other IO component of it is and try making those (seems like you might have already made 1 if you were at 7/12). Otherwise I'd have way more badges from over-crafting end reductions, recharges, etc as I level an alt up. At best I might have 1 or 2 memorized recipes by 50, if any because the second IO type is usually something odd I don't use much like range or interrupt.

tl;dr: Of the required 12 crafts, its split between 2 types of IOs. So you'd need 6 of the first, and 6 of the second for full badge credit.

I do remember it being annoying as hell on live to get the 4th crafting badge that had the portable crafting table accolade because you couldn't just make 1 type, you had to make both types listed and it was just a slog to do and sell afterwards if the other IO was a useless type no one used (ie: interrupt, tohit debuff & buff, etc)

Edited by The Godchild

15 hours ago, The Godchild said:

Oh, aren't the badges for crafting specific generic IO's tied to making 2 types, not just 1? Take a look at the badge and see what the other IO component of it is and try making those (seems like you might have already made 1 if you were at 7/12). Otherwise I'd have way more badges from over-crafting end reductions, recharges, etc as I level an alt up. At best I might have 1 or 2 memorized recipes by 50, if any because the second IO type is usually something odd I don't use much like range or interrupt.

tl;dr: Of the required 12 crafts, its split between 2 types of IOs. So you'd need 6 of the first, and 6 of the second for full badge credit.

This isn't quite correct: the badges are usually split between two levels of IO.  So for example, Warhead is the badge for creating level 25 and 30 Damage and Knockback IOs.  You need to create 8 level 25, 8 level 30 and one more than can be either level.  But those 17 IOs could be all Damage, all Knockback, or any mix of both.  The important thing is how many of each level.

Edited by Grouchybeast
  • Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!