Arachnos Solider "Conditioning"

Hey there folks!  I just started my first Arachnos, a Fortunata Widow.  How ever, one thing I've noticed is that their inherent power, "conditioning' doesn't actually do anything.  I guess I was wondering if this is a bug, or not.  I have the power on my tray so to speak, but when you check your actually stats, you don't receive any extra regeneration, nor recovery. 

3 hours ago, monkeygodbob said:

Hey there folks!  I just started my first Arachnos, a Fortunata Widow.  How ever, one thing I've noticed is that their inherent power, "conditioning' doesn't actually do anything.  I guess I was wondering if this is a bug, or not.  I have the power on my tray so to speak, but when you check your actually stats, you don't receive any extra regeneration, nor recovery. 

You've got higher base HP/End than other classes at creation. That's the Inherent.

Death is the best debuff.

Increased Regeneration (0.50%) and Recovery (1.75%). 

It's technically a higher base stat, rather an a power effect, which is why it's hard to see in the powers window. 

Works out to an extra five endurance a minute, which multiplies with enhancements and bonuses that increase endurance recovery. It's not nothing, but it's also not particularly good. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

5 hours ago, Gulbasaur said:

It's not nothing, but it's also not particularly good. 

I'd say that it's not "flashy", but can make a pretty solid difference.  It's good, but boring.

Endurance at endgame is a binary situation, either you have enough to run all of your toggles and run through your attack chain essentially forever, or you don't and you start draining and have to pace yourself. 

I have found that with the same number of toggles, slotted similarly, with the same Incarnates and the big 3 unique IOs, my Crab can run forever while my Stalker can't, and needs to slow down or pop a blue every now and then.  

The fact that a kitted out VEAT can run 4 defensive toggles and 4+ leadership toggles and also loop AoEs forever is definitely something most builds can't do without heavy investment.

The thing about inherents is that they vary wildly in actual power and effectiveness. They are not equal and this is by design.

Inherents do 2 things: inject some flavor into the archetypes and enable certain AT-defining mechanics; and allow the devs a sort of safety valve to make (in some cases) major balance adjustments. With the VEATS the devs looked at them and shrugged and basically said, "Eh they look pretty good. They got thru some harsh training to get here, let's just give them +5 end to help out a little and call it a day." 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

20 hours ago, Erydanus said:

The thing about inherents is that they vary wildly in actual power and effectiveness. They are not equal and this is by design.

I remember when the Defender inherent came out and I, with my kinetics defender, had literally no use for it. The controller one, on the other hand, was amazeballs. In the pre-IO days, it was a massive boost to a controller's DPS. 

The VEATs are, in my opinion, two of the better designed ATs in the game (except night widow builds which are bargain-bin stalkers) so the inherent doesn't need to be particularly strong. 

There's a definite difference in quality between, say, 5% endurance regen and the stalker critcritcritcritcrit inherent. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas