PvP recipes!

Ukase

An observation - and maybe a prediction. No idea how accurate it will be. 

I suspect that the price of PvPIOs is going to get much higher. Why? Because I noticed someone buying the recipes for almost twice as much as what they have been selling for in the past month or so. 

8M for a recipe and the Crafted IO isn't selling for much more than that. I've no doubt someone is buying these, crafting and converting them to the main 3 procs, which are routinely selling for 11-15M, maybe more when supplies are scarce. 

With the salvage costs of about 600k to 800k, and if they use level 10 recipes, negligible crafting costs. after the fees of a 12M sale, they're only making 1 to 4M per sale. It adds up, but some players won't invest in a margin that small, so fewer PvP IOs on sale. The price will rise. 

I might stop crafting my pvp recipe drops and selling them just to save me some time and the salvage. 

I'm not sure I'm seeing the same thing as you re: PVP recipe prices.  Most of them are still in the 5-9mm range, and have been for a while.

The craft and convert for PVPs is ridiculously profitable, however.  You don't even need to hit one of the main 3 procs.  

I will gladly buy your recipes!  Although I suspect you won't be selling them at or below my bids...

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

36 minutes ago, Ukase said:

An observation - and maybe a prediction. No idea how accurate it will be. 

I suspect that the price of PvPIOs is going to get much higher. Why? Because I noticed someone buying the recipes for almost twice as much as what they have been selling for in the past month or so. 

8M for a recipe and the Crafted IO isn't selling for much more than that. I've no doubt someone is buying these, crafting and converting them to the main 3 procs, which are routinely selling for 11-15M, maybe more when supplies are scarce. 

With the salvage costs of about 600k to 800k, and if they use level 10 recipes, negligible crafting costs. after the fees of a 12M sale, they're only making 1 to 4M per sale. It adds up, but some players won't invest in a margin that small, so fewer PvP IOs on sale. The price will rise. 

I might stop crafting my pvp recipe drops and selling them just to save me some time and the salvage. 

I won't make predictions (maybe one), or try to rationalize my own behavior (maybe a little). I'll just explain what I've done in the past (and am likely to keep doing).

All my level 50s have the rare recipe drops turned off. Because of certain day jobs and mission rewards, I still get rares... the recipes just stick around until I have a critical mass. With such few rare drops the rare salvage accumulates. I vendor the common drops to finance the crafting costs of the uncommons (which get converted and sold) and the PVP/Purples. I tend to craft/keep PVPs (usually selling the sub-50s, unless they are procs) and Purples. The return on the PVPs I sell has always looked to be far better than I would get from the recipes.

Sidebar: The base usually has a few sets of certain attuned (gasp!) PVP sets. These get recycled among characters as they level. Most of the pieces came from the AH, but I will admit to having attuned and unslotted some (pre-attuned sub-50) pieces because I had the raw materials otherwise going to waste.

When I had fewer PVPs cluttering up the base, I would often just buy the (lvl 50) recipe I wanted if the difference between the recipe and the crafted IO was large enough. I suspect that with new powersets and the new characters being rolled up there are a quite a few folks making purchases across the board right now. My one prediction is that any spike we see will be due to the new characters being kitted out, once folks are running x8 content again the PVP market supply will return.

I only sell PVPs when the base gets a little too cluttered, and the ones I sell are usually in the level range 23ish-49. Below 23ish I usually don't have slots for (or need to slot) PVPs (except for the Panacea proc... even Shield Wall, Gladiator's Armor need powers to go in!) and the P2W damage IOs turn off around this point. By 25 I'm looking for set bonuses, and I want them to level with me, so I'll sell them to buy attuned versions.

9 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'm not sure I'm seeing the same thing as you re: PVP recipe prices.  Most of them are still in the 5-9mm range, and have been for a while.

The craft and convert for PVPs is ridiculously profitable, however.  You don't even need to hit one of the main 3 procs.  

I will gladly buy your recipes!  Although I suspect you won't be selling them at or below my bids...

It was strange. Earlier, except for Jav. Volley, (Targeted AoE) ALL of the recipes in the last 5 section had sold for 8-9M. Now, they seem to be back to "normal", the 4-6 range I was used to seeing. Guess I just figured someone was up to some shenanigans. Or maybe they realized that at 8-9M, it was still cheaper to buy craft and convert than to pay 12M. <shrug>