Electric Blast - End numbers

Psycout

Hi, I've noticed the -end drain from electric blast powers for each AT is the same. Shouldn't this be based on the modifier for each AT like the debuffs are for rad blast, sonic, and dark are? Wanted my new elec defender to be a better sapper than his corrup counterpart but they are equal which shouldn't be right. I know elec blast is already low performing but this should be an easy fix to make it accurate at least. 

• Like 1

If true, yeah, that seems like an oversight that should have been fixed many years ago.  Like you said, you can point to other sets that work properly - Sonic is probably the most well-known in that regard.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

oddly, some support sets have variable endurance reduction values, but otherwise for most other sets (including armors and the one control set with -end), endurance reduction is the same across the board.

likely not a bug, just either a oversight or something they never really cared much about.

There are EndDrain modifiers, but for some reason, Electrical Blast doesn't use them in PvE. It's a longstanding issue and it's never been clear if this was intentional or a bug.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

2 hours ago, Trickshooter said:

There are EndDrain modifiers, but for some reason, Electrical Blast doesn't use them in PvE. It's a longstanding issue and it's never been clear if this was intentional or a bug.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's an oversight.  Surely it should be draining more when the other sets he mentioned DO obey AT modifiers for debuffs, right?

49 minutes ago, JayboH said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's an oversight.  Surely it should be draining more when the other sets he mentioned DO obey AT modifiers for debuffs, right?

It makes sense for Defender Elec Blast to drain more, sure, and according to the Issue 4 Patch Notes, it's intended. However, I don't think it was ever actually implemented. This was something brought up many times back in the day, and the old devs never commented on it and left it as is for 7 years. And I know that it was an issue presented to them, at least twice, by me, personally.

Now, I've said myself that this doesn't necessarily mean that they felt one way or another about the performance of a set, but this is a little different. This isn't a debate of whether Elec Blast underperforms or not; the issue here is that Elec Blast specifically does not perform as we've been told it should, which would make this a bug. But they never acted like it was a bug that needed to be fixed.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

21 hours ago, JayboH said:

I wonder if it is because it isn't considered a debuff - it's an actual attack on endurance instead of a debuff of recovery?  Like healing is reverse damage and so on.

Well the primaries for defenders that have end drain do more end drain than their AT counterparts soooo 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Psycout said:

Well the primaries for defenders that have end drain do more end drain than their AT counterparts soooo 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I am wondering how it is designed in programming - I wonder if in the attack/blast sets it isn't calculated like a debuff in order to follow AT mods