Sound FX issue

Hello, I'm new to the game since these servers launched. Thanks! :)

I've noticed that when I'm grouped with (or even around) someone who is running a certain AE effect, the sound volume is about 15,007x louder than anything else. I've literally ripped my earphones off to save my eardrums. This happened again last night, & I was able to ask the group if anyone might knew which ability was causing this. My friend said it seemed to be a Kinetics ability, & he believed it to be Siphon Power.

Is there any way to change the code & reduce this ability's volume? If not, is there a way on our side to find that sound file, delete it, & copy a different sound to take its place? I had to turn my sound FX down to 1% to survive the group with that sound running, & then couldn't hear anything else - & that one sound was still perfectly audible. It's horrific. :(

You will need to go to the archived version of the old CoH forums. I've linked to Impkin's guide on modifying your sound files, the particular one may be listed in the thread somewhere.

How to Silence Specific Game sounds by Impkin (or change them to something more pleasant)

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Aye, Kinetic's "Transference" and Dark Miasma's "Howling Twilight" both seem obnoxiously loud. Especially Soul Transfer if it hits more than a few guys. It's speaker-busting levels of loud xD

Agreed.

My main issues were always with MM Demon howls and Robot stomps and the Portal Corp portals in PI. I modified all on my old computer. Silenced the portals and changed the sounds for the robots and demons.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 2 weeks later