Arachnos Soldier Crab Backpack Issue

ajlee209

22 minutes ago, ajlee209 said:

It appears that, after respecing into a bane spider after having been a crab spider, there is an issue with the crab backpack staying, regardless if I have it selected in the tailor menu.

Working As Intentionally Designed.

If you EVER ... AT ANY TIME ... EVER in the history of the character's existence take ANY of the Crab powers (primary, secondary ... ANY) then that character will have a Crab Backpack FOREVER after that, even if you later respec out of having any Crab powers.  Why?  Because you could respec (or alternate build) Crab powers again at some point in the future.

So if you don't want the Crab Backpack enforced on your character, you must NEVER EVER EVER take any Crab powers at all ever.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

There i

1 minute ago, Redlynne said:

If you EVER ... AT ANY TIME ... EVER in the history of the character's existence take ANY of the Crab powers (primary, secondary ... ANY) then that character will have a Crab Backpack FOREVER after that, even if you later respec out of having any Crab powers.  Why?  Because you could respec (or alternate build) Crab powers again at some point in the future.

So if you don't want the Crab Backpack enforced on your character, you must NEVER EVER EVER take any Crab powers at all ever.

Theres no way this was intentional. It seems like such a stupid choice.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ajlee209 said:

Theres no way this was intentional. It seems like such a stupid choice.

Okay ... if you won't take my word for it ... will you accept Positron's?

The Crab Spider Backpack

The first costume slot operates oddly with Arachnos Soldiers who have Multiple Builds. If one build contains any powers from a Crab Spider power set, then all builds automatically use the Crab Spider backpack accessory in the first costume slot. This even causes it to replace the unique cape that would normally show on a build that contains powers from the Bane Spider power set. Positron describes this as an "unfortunate effect" of how the game currently works, though it's on the Known Issues list and may be fixed in the future.

Right.  THAT Positron.

spacer.png

Edited by Redlynne

IifneyR.gif

20 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Okay ... if you won't take my word for it ... will you accept Positron's?

Right.  THAT Positron.

spacer.png

I didn't take your word for it because even what you linked for proof disputes your claim as "working as intended". It is indeed a bug that they were working in before shutdown. 

Edited by ajlee209
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ajlee209 said:

I didn't take your word for it because even what you linked for proof disputes your claim as "working as intended". It is indeed a bug that they were working in before shutdown. 

I see "Known Issue" and you see "Bug" ...

I see "an 'unfortunate effect' of how the game currently works" (emphasis on CURRENTLY WORKS) ... and you see "Bug" ...

Good luck with that.

A closed mind is a terrible thing to celebrate ... particularly when you do so in public.

• Confused 1

IifneyR.gif

3 hours ago, Redlynne said:

If you EVER ... AT ANY TIME ... EVER in the history of the character's existence take ANY of the Crab powers (primary, secondary ... ANY) then that character will have a Crab Backpack FOREVER after that, even if you later respec out of having any Crab powers.

This is not true. As soon as you respec (all your builds, if using multiple builds) the Crab backpack disappears. This is very easy to test on the beta server.

Note that the bug where it turns up in the costume editor is still present, but you can add a cape to it and when you return to the game it's not there.

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.