DM/ or /DA

WitchofDread

Aside from the standard Spines/fire/pyre farmer brute i have no experience with them so my knowledge is super limited.

That being said id really like a dark brute capable of farming whether that be fire farm or S/L and also having the capability to deal with AV's/GM solo - Asking too much?

potential ideas i have been thinking of

DM/BIO

DM/RAD

DM/DA

RAD/DA

TW/DA

No idea if any of these will work though...

I think I would go with "All of the above." DM has lesser AoE currently so it isn't that great for farming, but I see no reason why it can't be made to solo AV/GMs. Rad/da could certainly farm with two damage auras. Again, I think any work on some level, but I would lean DM/bio or Rad/da depending on what you want your focus to be.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

2 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

Both DM/Bio and Rad/DA seem more appealing tbh - How do you build DA, does it require Fighting pool?

On Dark Armor, I'd take Fighting, Leadership, Speed, and either Leaping or Flight. You want defense and resists, plus recharge for Dark Regeneration. Fire Armor is of course ideal for fire farming. But you can hit 75% fire resistance and probably 45% fire defense on Dark Armor, which should be sufficient. You have the damage aura. You have a stun aura if you want it. So you just need to pick a primary and epic pool to give you lots of AoE. You can probably still pull off AV soloing with such a build. Dark Melee is great for AV soloing, but probably a poor choice for farming due to having low AoE potential. But you have a cone, you could turn your utility AoEs into damage AoEs by loading them up with procs, then go with Mu Mastery to get two more AoEs from your epic. It won't be ideal. You won't compete with the big boys for farming speed. But it's probably doable.

It should. I think the biggest issue is managing endurance and recharge.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."