Trying to figure what to pair with Demons....

JnEricsonx

My Demon MM uses Pain Dom and I have to say that I think I heal them LESS than I thought, mainly because they have a Resist fire shield and Heals they cast on each other. The +Regen toggle is HUGE for keeping them topped up between fights too. All that being said, the shields from Thermal will stack with their inherent shields and it has Heals so you really can't go wrong either way.

Good luck

the question of secondary always comes down to:

is playing to the defensive strengths of your primary more important than kill speed or vice-versa?

do you want a secondary that will require you to grab an incarnate for cc protection, meaning you are being stunned for 40 seconds at a time fighting malta while leveling or do you want cc protection built in?

do you care if your secondary is good on teams or not?

are you more interested in POWER, or FUN?

The best overall is thermal, as it has resist shields to cap your demons to most things (except the prince), hefty resist, defense and regen debuffs and a pbaoe heal that can just be set to autofire once you can manage the end and a good single target heal for the prince. however you won't have cc protection until you start doing incarnates - bring break frees. it's also far weaker pre-standard io's than some of the other options.

time can work, but I don't think it's possible to soft cap your pets defensively as only the prince has any defense to start with. it has the superior pbaoe heal and lots of debuffs and even a hold and both it and thermal work great on teams, but again no cc protection and malta...yes I really f'ng hate malta. they are the cheapest group in the game. three gunslingers will stack enough holds if you aren't a super fast killer to drop 12 mags of protection very fast. only like 2 sets in the entire game offer protection to sappers. for some at's a single sapper means instant death if you cant one shot it or immediately hold it. even being softcapped is no guarantee of survival.

of the sets that offer cc protection - ff, traps, sonic - the only one that really works is ff.  between traps and ff it's easier to fit medicine pool into ff as you only need three powers from the entire secondary. sonic is just a total crap secondary for mm's unless you exclusively team. of the two, only sonic and ff are good for teaming. traps pretty much begs that take team teleport.

all others can work in some way, but this is why it's hard to recommend powersets for this at. some people are ok with replacing pets. some people kick the cat when a single t1 minion dies. some want POWER above all else, others want FUN above all else. some team, some only solo. Figure out what your goals are, then it becomes easier (kinda..sorta...but not really) to pick a secondary.

Edited by Dixa

7 hours ago, Dixa said:

of the sets that offer cc protection - ff, traps, sonic - the only one that really works is ff. 

Electric Affinity offers full status protection if you can keep your dudes in the faraday cage. Not sure how well that works thought since I haven't gotten around to rolling one, but EA is the only set that offers actual status prot not merely cc resist

On 4/21/2020 at 7:16 PM, Seigmoraig said:

Electric Affinity offers full status protection if you can keep your dudes in the faraday cage. Not sure how well that works thought since I haven't gotten around to rolling one, but EA is the only set that offers actual status prot not merely cc resist

ff, sonic and traps offer cc mag protection. mag 5.19 immob/hold/stun protection, not resist. 

the only one that won't be detoggled by 3 gunslingers is traps. 

Edited by Dixa

On 4/21/2020 at 1:13 PM, Seigmoraig said:

Dark is fantastic for a MM, it debuffs, it heals, it controls and it's thematically on point with Demons

This has been my experience.  Demons seem really overpowered compared to the others I’ve tried (all except robots) and adding dark to that seems almost unfair!

Who run Bartertown?