Blaster ATO question

Carnifax

Specifically the "chance for status protection" one. At the moment I dont have this slotted anywhere particularly useful, specifically in End of Time which I dont use too much. Am I missing a trick by not sticking the set a tier 1 or 2 attack in order to have a way to potentially break out of a mez or is the mez protection just too rubbish?

As I understand it there isn't really a right answer to this. If you put it in a tier 1 or 2 the chance to proc will be so low that there is very little hope of building up enough mag of protection to break you out of any mez. If you put it in a slower recharging attack there is the chance of accumulating more stacks and possibly preventing a mez in the first place but no chance of helping yourself if you do get mezzed. If you had a tier 2 that was part of your normal attack chain and that you could afford to slot as a proc attack with no other recharge in it then that might be the ideal option but that would mean splitting the set...

1 hour ago, parabola said:

If you had a tier 2 that was part of your normal attack chain and that you could afford to slot as a proc attack with no other recharge in it then that might be the ideal option but that would mean splitting the set...

Thanks. This is kind of what I figured. A lot of IF's, ANDs and BUT's in there in order to try and optimise it. 

Thought it may be like the Stalker ATOs which were "have to get and slot" and I was the only Blaster not in on the secret but it looks like a good idea badly implemented and not worth chasing. If it were Mag 2 or a non-stacking Mag 3 it would be a different story I guess. 

3 hours ago, parabola said:

As I understand it there isn't really a right answer to this. If you put it in a tier 1 or 2 the chance to proc will be so low that there is very little hope of building up enough mag of protection to break you out of any mez. If you put it in a slower recharging attack there is the chance of accumulating more stacks and possibly preventing a mez in the first place but no chance of helping yourself if you do get mezzed. If you had a tier 2 that was part of your normal attack chain and that you could afford to slot as a proc attack with no other recharge in it then that might be the ideal option but that would mean splitting the set...

This is what i thought.

Then i put it into Assault Rifle Burst and i see it firing more often than not.

I see it as more of a novelty than anything. In its current form, even in the perfect power the protection is underwhelming. I use that ATO set for the fantastic set bonuses it offers and almost entirely for that reason.