Illusion/ Rad, or Illusion/ storm?

Rebel230

/rad will be safer and /storm will be much more on the edge managing the chaos as needed. I think Ill/storm would be better for a dedicated group of players versus random pick up teams.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Let me throw my hat in the ring.

Illusion/Time.

You get somewhat early maturity at 18 when you take Phantom Army.  PA is what turns this build from 'meh' to solo-capable.  Skip Flash until late 20s, early 30s unless you just like missing and long recharge times.

Good damage, even an early rotation going if you take Sorcery pool (Blind > SW > Arcane Bolt > SW). 

/Time gives you stacked holds (Time Stop), a slow patch that can hold proc (Distortion Field), a decent slow as your first power, and some team skills in Temporal Mending (heal), Temporal Selection (ST buff), Farsight and Chronoshift.  The latter two of which are just as popular as Speed Boost and Fulcrum Shift from /Kin.  Skip Time's Juncture, as being in melee range isn't as appealing as it is on other /Time classes like MM.

My 'panic button', such as it is:  drop PA, then Distortion Field, apply ST holds to two mobs (Blind + Time Stop).  And then pick at stragglers with damage rotation, buff/heal your teammates, or just keep everything on lockdown with ST holds, depending on what's needed.

Current Roster:

Sleight of Hand (Illusion/Time Controller) | Phlarekat (Fire/Time Corruptor) | Abs0lute Zer0 (Street Justice/Ice Stalker) | Vinyl Scratch (Time/Sonic Defender) | Fibonacci Sequins (Illusion/Radiation Controller) | Memory Lapse (Psionic Melee/Bio Stalker) | Crimson Noble (Water/Kin Corruptor) | The Pointy End (Spines/Fire Brute)

My main back in the day was Ill/Storm and it was SOOO much fun to play. I've got an Ill/Rad now - not nearly as much fun.

As someone pointed out - you have to embrace the chaos if you go Ill/Storm. Instead of locking everything down, you're trying to bunch stuff up with snow storm and hurricane so that your lightning storms, freezing rain, and phantasms can do the damage for you. I soloed at least a couple of AVs and I didn't really have fully kitted enhancements (it took me awhile, but I whittled them down).

I'll grant you that Ill/Rad is probably better equipped for AVs/GMs - but playing one now - the fun isn't there like Ill/Storm.

Ill/Rad is all around great.

I'd also say Ill/Traps is very interesting as it gives you Trip Mine which does a ton of damage and is easily able to be set up under Superior Invisibility or while your PA has aggro. Add a Knockback to Knockdown enhancement to Trip Mine to keep them all in the "minefield" as the fun begins :)

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem