Mother of Mayhem Incarnate Trial

Confusion

I am very confused with 1 of the Incarnate Itrial…. I run all the Itrials on a regular basis... and Mother of Mayhem Itrial… is the only trial I get frustrated with in 1 particular phase... I cant seem to find the answer anywhere on  paragonwiki.

So my problem with MoM Itrial is.... in the 2nd phase... where we defeat Penelope Yin... in that phase she can only take damage once the purple portals are destroyed on top or next to her. So in a normal scenario, a taunter pulls the portals to Yin, we all destroy the portal and then burn Yin asap...….. BUT.... SOMETIMES.... when I run MoM…. sometimes in that phase... the portals will NOT be pulled.... it is not affected by taunt or anything... it will float away from us and into the other room from where we spawned.... this happens about 3 or 4 out of 10 MoM Itrials I run.. and I also seen this happen when someone else runs MoM too... the portals just float away and it cannot be pulled

I have tried a lot of things... I got the league to not use any sort of AOE/holds/knockbacks/fear/team stealth/repel/confuse... just everything in general... just straight damage only and single targets on Yin... just so the portals wont be affected.. and yet... the portals still float away

So my question is... does anyone know why this happens? is it something that i'm missing or is it just a bug?

• Like 1

Hi

A few things i know:

The more you taunt them the more they become resilient to taunt. So you'd better hurry.

Tempest gyros repel voids, if one get too close to Penny, destroy them.

Don't use ANY aoe at all. This includes damage auras as well as boost/debuff auras like Raise to the challenge, Evolving Armor and Reaction Time.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zed said:

Hi

A few things i know:

The more you taunt them the more they become resilient to taunt. So you'd better hurry.

Don't use ANY aoe at all. This includes damage auras as well as boost/debuff auras like Raise to the challenge, Evolving Armor and Reaction Time.

Hope this helps.

thank you very much, i'll bear that in mind for the  next run... just taunt quickly basically... ok cool... appreciate it.. thank u

Most likely someone in your group or their summoned pets are using abilities that causes repel or knockback. When those effects are up the voids will be following the taunter but then suddenly bounce away as if they hit an invisible wall. This is why on Indom when we are doing the nightly IT runs we make sure to include a text bind reminding people to not use certain powers / pets.

If you are the leader of your server's IT runs then it would behoove you to add the same reminder bind. If you are not the leader then you should suggest it to whoever is or before the run starts ask the leader in tells if they mind you adding in the reminder. Most good leaders will want the reminder said, but they might want to do it themselves so there is no confusion on who people should listen to.

Also there is another issue that might be coming up depending on how the puller is grabbing the voids. Some enemies have a max distance they will follow / max time limit without a new application of aggro. If the puller is having to pull from the deep end, and then failing to re-establish the aggro when near the group, then the void may be losing interest at following. If this is the issue just give a gentle reminder to the pulling tank to re-apply one last aggro power before that is an issue.

• 2 months later
On 4/29/2020 at 10:24 AM, Zed said:

Thanks!  That explains what was happening today on our MoM.   

Does anyone know -- does any part of MoM fail to scale down for smaller leagues?