Did they change Clarion Radial?

Ruby Rocket

I was trying a farm map and was going down a lot quicker than I used to on my Dark/Dark troller.  I checked the combat attributes and it didn't show Fade, or Shadow Fall getting a buff from Clarion Radial Epiphany.  It still lists that it buffs defense powers and seems to be working on Combat Jump, but its not affecting any of the others.  Is this a bug, or is this a permanent thing now?

On a side note, is Soul Absorption Capped?  I have it 6 slotted, but I don't seem to be getting a very good Regeneration rate off of max targets.

Scrappers ...bringing more cowbell since 2004

They fixed clarion.  It shouldn't buff powers that have a resistance component, because resistance components that are power boosted = damage also getting power boosted due to some wonky coding.

According to Mids (For what its worth) Soul Absorption has a target cap of 16 (which I don't believe, seems rather high) I have seen it hit 10 on my Ill/Dark and my Dark/Dark, are you aiming just for corpses or for living targets as well? living targets have a to-hit check.

What this team needs is more Defenders

Or rather they fixed Fade. That's the power they changed to no longer be affected by buffs.

That's why the bug existed in the first place. Each individual buff power needs to be flagged not to be affected by other buffs like Power Boost and Clarion, Fade wasnt marked in this way so Clarion+PB+Fade was giving a huge defense buff.

Clarion wasnt changed afaik. Certainly on my Time Defender Clarion+PB+Farsight still works swimmingly. For twice as long as Fade. But thats okay cos it doesnt have a resist component (??)

Psy is right with the reasoning, if a resist power isnt flagged like this then damage buffs will buff the resistance component of the power.

I guess it was too good to last...  Guess I need to shelve my toon until I can revamp it to get my defense up through alternate means.  😞  I kind of wish they would still allow the defense to be buff'd, I could care less about the damage resistance aspect.

I use Soul Absorption on living targets mainly.  Usually on 2 or 3 8 man spawns.  I easily hit 10 every time.  I don't see the forecasted 2000% regeneration, like it claims in Mids.   So I am wondering what the real cap is to it's regen. 

Scrappers ...bringing more cowbell since 2004

• 4 months later

Hi Ruby,

I have followed your posts for your Dark Dark Troller. Your in depth research on all aspects of the build has lead me to start buying the enhancements for the solo / farm build you posted. I am a big fan of the Troller AT and the Dark dark is the next in line to play.  

May I ask what is your favorite attack chain that sends the mobs to their demise?   I look forward to hearing from you.    

Thanks      

Mids numbers are wrong for the regen on soul absorption. I think what it is doing is adding every single target together instead of going off of the base + additional per target hit.  Mine for example (on live targets) gives an extra 9.81 HP/Sec regen as a base plus 1.84 HP/Sec for every target.  I think what Mids is doing is adding that 9.81 on every target instead of only the first.

• Like 1