Broken Macro

Back in i23 I used a macro to switch from Bright Nova to Combat Flight which worked great.

powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$powexec_toggleon Combat Flight

This didn't work in i24 Beta and still doesn't.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it in case it could be fixed.

Back in i23 I used a macro to switch from Bright Nova to Combat Flight which worked great.

powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$powexec_toggleon Combat Flight

This didn't work in i24 Beta and still doesn't.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it in case it could be fixed.

Did you put quotes around the whole string?

does your macro look like this? (you can name the macro something else instead of FLY) The macro button will be placed in your tray to put where you want.

/macro FLY "powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$powexec_toggleon Combat Flight"

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

Yeah, I did notice when first creating the macro without quotes, the part after $$ was missing, but I manually edited it back in (this was before I posted about it.)

I kind of figured the suggestion of adding quotes was to allow the macro string to be created without having to add the toggleon part manually (which it did.) It still didn't toggle on Combat Flight.

I really do appreciate the help, but it's not an issue of creating the macro correctly. :)

I can confirm having a similar problem.  I think the current code may be taking the "one power activation" rule and considering toggleoff to be a "power activation".

In detail, I have a warshade with a macro for reverting to human form that's something like "/macro humn powexec_toggleoff Dark Nova$$goto_tray 1" (I don't have the game up, so I can't verify that it's exactly correct, but I know it does work in-game, so kindly ignore any errors in my memory of it).

Last night, it occurred to me that, after reverting to human form, I always immediately turn on Shadow Cloak, so I right-clicked the macro in my tray and edited it to "powexec_toggleoff Dark Nova$$powexec_toggleon Shadow Cloak$$goto_tray 1".  This, however, does not work correctly.  If I am in nova form, it only turns off Dark Nova and does not activate Shadow Cloak.  If I am already in human form, it turns on Shadow Cloak.  (The tray switch works in both cases.)  Thus, I can see that each of the power state change commands works individually, but the game is not allowing them to both be combined within a single macro.

Or, there is also one other possible explanation which comes to mind:  Timing.  It may just be trying to execute the macro too quickly and I'm not done changing to human form (and, thus, my human-form powers aren't available yet) by the time it tries to turn on Shadow Cloak.

I think I read someplace that having multiple powers activate in the same macro / bind is a timing thing. This is from memory from pre-shutdown, so forgive me for not being 100%, but I think if you press down, the first one triggers, and when you release, the second one would. Meaning the best way to do it, is to hold the button just a little until the first power finishes activating.

It's been a LONG time though, so I really don't remember well. I just remember not liking the "toggleoff Dark Nova" mixed with "toggleon Shadow Cloak" bind, and just made a bind to turn off both Dwarf and Nova and switch trays, and have another button all together now that turns on Shadow Cloak. Besides, I don't ALWAYS want to turn into a purple mist when changing forms. Just some of the time.

A quick check of the old forums (Thank you Wayback Machine!) yields a (pretty old) guide for Kheldian Binds.

This contains the following text which apparently worked:

/bind f “goto_tray 1$$powexec_toggle_off bright nova$$powexec_toggle_off white dwarf$$powexec_name combat flight$$powexec_name energy flight”

This will turn off Nova or Dwarf, switch to power tray 1, and then activate Energy Flight. By pressing the button again you switch to Combat Flight.

Can't check if this still works as I don't currently have a Kheldian I'm levelling.

I think from the look of it vs your copied macro the system will accept a powexec_name after a powexec_toggle_off but not a powexec_toggle_on?

[Edit: Yay for formatting]