Suggestion: global contacts in-game chat

Hello,

as the title suggest i'd like to have a channed so i can speak to my global friends. Many times i have found myself trying to put up a team and hade to send too many tells to my global friends. Creating a dedicated chat channel would be useful imo.

ty

cya 

To create your own Global Channel in-game, you would type:

/chanjoin NAME

Where "NAME" is whatever name you want your channel to have.  If someone else is already using that name, you'll join their channel (unless it's set to Invites Only).

Once in your new Global Channel, you can invite your entire Global Friend List to it.  I believe there's a button for that in the Global Channel's tab of the Friend List window.

I haven't experience with too many other MMO's but this is another area where I think CoH shines.  I always found it easy to create, join and edit the various channels and tabs.  Made communication very easy between various friends and social groups in game, something I repeatedly felt the other MMO's failed to do.

I do make extensive use of "Themed" Global Channels.  "Pride" and the "OOC" / "RP" duo in particular.  But, like Lorak, I had a GFriend-specific Channel back in the days of Legacy; "Vile"

However, that channel has seen more use these days as a spillover for when I have to put on my Moderator Hat and tell people to "take it to Vile."