Another Fire/Fire, plz rate my build

Croax

Hi Blaster friends,

i wanted to make myself a new Blaster and since i had no Fire/Fire, i just want to roll one.

I have not much experience with Blasters so if you find anything wrong in my build feel free to tell me.

I would like to play that toon mostly in groups and will not attempt to solo much.

Maybe i have made it too tanky for a blaster.

I skiped Hot Feet for example, is it good or bad?

Some feedback would be nice!

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Blaster
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Fire Manipulation
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Force Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Ring of Fire -- EnfOpr-Acc/Immob(A), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob/Rchg(7), EnfOpr-Acc/Rchg(9), EnfOpr-EndRdx/Immob(9), EnfOpr-Acc/EndRdx(11), EnfOpr-Immob/Rng(11)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(17)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(17), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(19), BlsoftheZ-Travel(19)
Level 6: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(21)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 10: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Aim -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(21), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), GldArm-3defTpProc(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(25)
Level 16: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 18: Blaze -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(27), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 20: Cauterizing Aura -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(31), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(31), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 22: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(34), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(34), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), RedFrt-Def(36), RedFrt-EndRdx(36)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(36), RedFrt-Def(37), RedFrt-EndRdx(37), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dam%(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 28: Consume -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 30: Fire Sword Circle -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(42), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-%Dam(43)
Level 32: Inferno -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(45), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Obl-%Dam(46)
Level 35: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 44: Force of Nature -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-ResDam(50), UnbGrd-Max HP%(50)
Level 47: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Longbow Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 1: Quick Form 
------------

Before I share my opinion here is a couple notes I want to make

1. I have my own Fire/Fire Blaster, who currently has 43 Veteran Levels, so I have many hours devoted to this character.

2. Not sure what your budget is, so when I recommend adding purples, this might be unattainable.

3. Not sure how you like to play characters, as a build only reveals so much

Here are my suggestions

1. You're gonna want more recharge, recharge means your powers come up faster, faster abilities = more damage, and damage is king. (Lots of room to add more)

2. Slotting for Endurance differently, to get more, for less slots. (You wont need consume, also Cauterizing Aura is slotted completely wrong)

3. 6 Slot Blazing Bolt, put the full Blaster's Wrath set in there, you'll see a huge difference in damage. (Also Hot Feet is amazing, So is Burn)

4. If you're trying to get some res/def, there is a better way to do it, though I recommend prioritizing damage.

These are somethings to help min/max a bit better, there are things I do like though.

1. The way Tough is slotted is good, just add the +7.5% Max HP and replace the End/Recharge one

2.  50+5 Hasten

3. Build Up with the Build Up Proc 

4. Taking Assault

Just some general tips, up to you to take them into consideration.

Edited by TMurph

re: hot feet: This power is insanely high damage for a damage aura. It literally has more than half the aoe dps potential of fireball.

Quick math to justify this: With your slotting, fireball is dealing 206.1 damage on a 4.5 sec cooldown with 1 sec activation. It is 16 target cap, which means max aoe dps at base is (206.1/5.5)*16, which is about 600. By comparison, hot feet 6 slotted with superior avalanche does ticks of about 40 damage every 2 seconds, also 16 target cap, so max aoe dps at base is (40/2)*16=320, which is 53% of 600.

You should also consider burn. This power carries procs extremely well. With proc slotting, it will be dealing 400-500 damage as base. And here is the best use of burn: Put fury of the gladiator -res proc in there. This will have approximately 70% of firing per activating, and it will lower res by 20% for 10 seconds. Start off your attack chain with this and suddenly all your attacks are dealing 20% more damage.

Sure, burn and hot feet both require you to be in melee to reap the benefits, but if I can melee with my <20% def blaster, you should be able to with your 45% def blaster 😉

Hi Folks, thank you for the feedback!

To optimize my build i just had generell survivability in mind. so reaching melee and ranged def cap was a goal and everything else just went with the flow.

To fully understand and be able to use your suggestions i would like to ask or clarify some things.

11 hours ago, TMurph said:

2. Slotting for Endurance differently, to get more, for less slots. (You wont need consume, also Cauterizing Aura is slotted completely wrong)

Consume is just a set mule and i have no endurance issues, this would be a possible candidate for Burn or Hot Feet. But why is Cauterizing Aura completely slotted wrong? What would be a better way to slot it?

11 hours ago, TMurph said:

4. If you're trying to get some res/def, there is a better way to do it, though I recommend prioritizing damage.

What are better ways of getting res/def? I would really like to get an example. Maybe you think of Inspiration? I tend to totally forget to use them. For example i had played a Fire/Time corruptor a bit and found it a hassle to remember clarion+buffs every 2 minutes. What is the way a blaster can achieve these goals?

12 hours ago, TMurph said:

1. The way Tough is slotted is good, just add the +7.5% Max HP and replace the End/Recharge one

The unique IO is in Force of Nature, because it fills up a slot which is better used for Endurance or Resist. And since i am deep into Diminishing Return with Resist i choosed the Endurance one.

@Elmyder you are right about hot feet. in normal grps i would never use consume so hot feet is probably the better choice. Since it will not mess me up build wise they are both PBAoE. I will think about it. I tested Burn and Hot Feet on the test server with reproducable results. It seems like Hot Feet is there and deals his damage but compared to fireball and sword circle it was not feeling so powerful. since in normal gameplay there are boss, leut. and minions. I would target a boss and singel target him while using fireball and sword circle on cooldown. with hot feet and melee range that all added up in a good way.  I def. consider replacing consume for hot feet. 

I also tried out burn. But it has such a small area that even in the S/L farm when i was swarmed up with mobs it would only hit 5 or 6 targets with the proccs. These targets did take a big amount of damage that is true. I am a little bit slot starved in this build so using burn would probably lead to me loosing something for it. I really don't know what to do with burn. I have played a lot of melee and these powerfull small range AoE are more common in melee builds. maybe i will leave it to melee ATs in my grp to do that job.

My personal opinion is that HotFeet is only good when heavily slotted for slow. It causes enemies to run which then makes all AoE less effective with PBAoEs fire sword circle and inferno really affected. Heavily slotted with slow they still run, but so slowly it isn't as much of an issue.

I'm not at all a burn fan. Great damage, but very slow activation, small AoE and causes MOBs to run. 

I'm also big on Fire Mastery for the epic. Bonfire slotted with KB->KD is super. RotP is also helpful. And Fire Shield is nice too. It's also a good thematic fit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Croax said:

Hi Folks, thank you for the feedback!

To optimize my build i just had generell survivability in mind. so reaching melee and ranged def cap was a goal and everything else just went with the flow.

To fully understand and be able to use your suggestions i would like to ask or clarify some things.

Consume is just a set mule and i have no endurance issues, this would be a possible candidate for Burn or Hot Feet. But why is Cauterizing Aura completely slotted wrong? What would be a better way to slot it?

What are better ways of getting res/def? I would really like to get an example. Maybe you think of Inspiration? I tend to totally forget to use them. For example i had played a Fire/Time corruptor a bit and found it a hassle to remember clarion+buffs every 2 minutes. What is the way a blaster can achieve these goals?

The unique IO is in Force of Nature, because it fills up a slot which is better used for Endurance or Resist. And since i am deep into Diminishing Return with Resist i choosed the Endurance one.

@Elmyder you are right about hot feet. in normal grps i would never use consume so hot feet is probably the better choice. Since it will not mess me up build wise they are both PBAoE. I will think about it. I tested Burn and Hot Feet on the test server with reproducable results. It seems like Hot Feet is there and deals his damage but compared to fireball and sword circle it was not feeling so powerful. since in normal gameplay there are boss, leut. and minions. I would target a boss and singel target him while using fireball and sword circle on cooldown. with hot feet and melee range that all added up in a good way.  I def. consider replacing consume for hot feet. 

I also tried out burn. But it has such a small area that even in the S/L farm when i was swarmed up with mobs it would only hit 5 or 6 targets with the proccs. These targets did take a big amount of damage that is true. I am a little bit slot starved in this build so using burn would probably lead to me loosing something for it. I really don't know what to do with burn. I have played a lot of melee and these powerfull small range AoE are more common in melee builds. maybe i will leave it to melee ATs in my grp to do that job.

A couple things I need to made clear before I give any further opinions.

Are you even wanting damage? It seems you want to be able to survive more instead of actually killing mobs, because dead mobs cannot attack you (I can solo +4/8 Radio Missions with my Fire/Fire, without softcap defenses). In my opinion Blasters should be slotted to maximize damage output, but I know that isn't everyones playstyle. Also it seems you like Hover/Fly combo which limits /Fire, I'm assuming it was for character concept, which I understand. 

Either way people saying that Burn/Hot Feet aren't good, are completely wrong, and the numbers prove it. Either you're slotting them wrong (Ex: For Slow instead of Damage), or just not using them correctly. 

But if you are actually looking to turn your build around let me know, I can give some tips to help you create you're build.

Edited by TMurph

1 hour ago, TMurph said:

dead mobs cannot attack you.

dead chars do 0 DPS.  (unless you're 1-shotting everything before they can even activate an attack, but that would be grey-con, no?)

1 hour ago, TMurph said:

people saying that Burn/Hot Feet aren't good, are completely wrong, and the numbers prove it. Either you're slotting them wrong (Ex: For Slow instead of Damage), or just not using them correctly. 

curious how you slot or play that eliminates the Fear mechanic. 

Edited by Krazie Ivan

1 hour ago, Krazie Ivan said:

dead chars do 0 DPS.  (unless you're 1-shotting everything before they can even activate an attack, but that would be grey-con, no?)

curious how you slot or play that eliminates the Fear mechanic. 

1. Not gonna explain to you how not to die, you don't need to be a fully capped tank to not die. (Inspirations, temp powers) (Assuming you meant this as a joke)

2. If you kill them while slowed and while they're taking damage from Hot Feet, the fear mechanic is not too worrisome.

@TMurph i really appreciate helpfull comments, but i could not get much help from you or i just did not understand the hints you give. To tell someone "you are doing it wrong." is something else than "i would do it this way." I still have no idea how you would get to some levels of survivability. For example what temp power are you refering to? Using Inspirations all the time? Or do you build the defenses only so far that a small purple would keep you at the cap?. You leave a lot of emty room after you say what you don't like. I would love to keep this constructive because i really want to make a awesome blaster. BTW. Fly/Hover combo. Why would it limit the /Fire? I had no problems with it.

Troy and Ivan have some good points here. I have seen a lot of blasters that faceplant constantly, which would make me look at my vengeance cooldown and look out for said blaster if the buff would drop. 😁

And a very interesting thing to use Bonfire with KB->KD in this way you could drop bonfire and make better use of Burn/Hotfeet. Force Mastery with all the survivability seemed to be such an easy choice i totally forget about the Fire Mastery. RotP would be slot mule tough. I don't plan to die 😎

11 hours ago, Croax said:

1. Hot feet is worse aoe dps than fireball (albeit larger radius), but it is better than fire sword circle.

2. You're right about the small radius of burn. It is great for aoe clearing of tightly clustered mobs (e.g. sybil guards on ITF), but regardless, I think it's amazing even as a single target. I will use burn on an av to open up my attack chain. The dpa is okay (about 200ish, so comparable to fire blast), and more importantly, with fury of the gladiator, it will have a high chance to proc -20% res, boosting all your damage (and your whole team's damage) against that av by 20% for 10 seconds.

5 hours ago, Troyusrex said:

My personal opinion is that HotFeet is only good when heavily slotted for slow. It causes enemies to run which then makes all AoE less effective with PBAoEs fire sword circle and inferno really affected. Heavily slotted with slow they still run, but so slowly it isn't as much of an issue.

I'm not at all a burn fan. Great damage, but very slow activation, small AoE and causes MOBs to run. 

I'm also big on Fire Mastery for the epic. Bonfire slotted with KB->KD is super. RotP is also helpful. And Fire Shield is nice too. It's also a good thematic fit.

The fear effect of hot feet is annoying, but since the OP is going for team play, you can often count on a melee anchor with taunt to hold things in place. Or a control teammate to immobilize mobs.

As for burn, I refer to my comments above.

As for fire mastery, it's not something I personally go for, but bonfire with kb -> kd is indeed amazing cc.

So after having slept over the suggestions. Here is my newest take. It feels a little bit weaker on the survivability but has some of the suggestions wweaved in. Maybe it is more damage? 

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Blaster
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Fire Manipulation
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Ring of Fire -- EnfOpr-Acc/Immob(A), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob/Rchg(7), EnfOpr-Acc/Rchg(9), EnfOpr-EndRdx/Immob(9), EnfOpr-Acc/EndRdx(11), EnfOpr-Immob/Rng(11)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(17)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(17), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(19), BlsoftheZ-Travel(19)
Level 6: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(50)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 10: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Aim -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(21), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), GldArm-3defTpProc(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(25)
Level 16: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 18: Blaze -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(31)
Level 20: Cauterizing Aura -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(31), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(31), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 22: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34), RedFrt-Def(36)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Acc/Rchg(36), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Apc-Dam%(37), StnoftheM-Dam%(37)
Level 28: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Inferno -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(39), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(39), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Obl-%Dam(40)
Level 35: Bonfire -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40), Ann-ResDeb%(42), Ann-Dmg/Rchg(42)
Level 38: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 41: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45)
Level 44: Burn -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Arm-Dam%(46), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Arm-Dmg(46), Arm-Acc/Rchg(48), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Char -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(48), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 49: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Longbow Core Superior Ally