What procs for Demon Summoning?

JnEricsonx

A slow proc in the demon prince is the only really high-performant one, any other procs are luxury. You can technically put a slow proc in the demonlings and a KB proc in the demons, but I'm not really sure they're worth it.

Edited by BGSacho
  • Like 2

Impeded Swiftness can go in demonlings too - it only procs off the cold demonling, but it procs all the time. I also recommend putting build up in demonlings. They need all the tohit they can get. Overwhelming force procs a lot on them, too. 

I've tried the hold procs (psi damage x 2 and hold) on the demon prince... unfortunately the damage output was pretty meh. I got better mileage out of impeded swiftness on the t1 than both psi damage hold procs on the t3 combined. The extra hold mag was handy for insta-mezzing bosses if you cbf microing the pet, though I think demons works better if you build tanky enough to not need the CC.

As a number of others have already said, impeded swiftness on the t3 is amazing.

edit: after some testing, eh, screw putting build up in demonlings. It procs basically just as often on the t3, but the buff itself is almost twice as good, plus the t3 has a much higher damage cap iirc

Edited by Cyndraeth

3 hours ago, Cyndraeth said:

edit: after some testing, eh, screw putting build up in demonlings. It procs basically just as often on the t3, but the buff itself is almost twice as good, plus the t3 has a much higher damage cap iirc

In general, put Soulbound in the highest-damage Tier because it will have the same damage boost as a % on all tiers, so you want it boosting the highest damage.

A caveat is that putting in a lower Tier makes the +ToHit portion more useful.

A further caveat is that doing this makes them hit more often, and do more damage, multiplying their negligible damage against +4s to become still negligible. So you do get a greater increase as a %, but usually the damage from Tier 1s is so low against +4s even with a level shift, that you're better off boosting the damage of the Tier 3s. And, rarely (Necros), the Tier 2s.

I always recommend MMs consider adding the Overwhelming Force Damage/KB->KD  on the T1s. They are 'throwing a lot of dice' and the extra control is usually useful.

The Build Up buff is *stronger* on the T3, but each one of the 3 T1s has a chance to trigger it. I often see my that more than one of my T1s has it triggered.

• Like 2

• 3 years later
On 5/8/2020 at 12:25 AM, BGSacho said:

A slow proc in the demon prince is the only really high-performant one, any other procs are luxury. You can technically put a slow proc in the demonlings and a KB proc in the demons, but I'm not really sure they're worth it.

what proc of Impeded Swiftness do you use? the Chance for lethal damage?

Slot the Ice Mistral (Chance for cold damage) if you can only fit one; add Impeded Swiftness (Chance for smashing damage) if you can fit two. This is currently how I have pets slotted. Meant to be used with Musculature Core or Radial Alpha. Soulbound probably isn't ideal in Demons but I wanted the damage procs in other pet tiers. But it might not be bad since the Hellfire Gargoyle's damage aura can trigger it. 

image.png.705d1d03f80fbb93441d9986b5b52c9e.png

(Holy necropost!)

I actually prefer Soulbound in demons and use a similar setup to the above due to the prince already having several consistent procs available. Not only does Gargoyles fire aura help, but he's (iirc, it's been a hot minute) also responsible for a good bit of your AoE and is a solid chunk of your damage output. Ember may not get as much use of the proc, but I'd argue anything he does get out of it is just icing anyway.