Fiery Embrace Functioning Abnormally

DecreeOfJustice

Recently, I discovered that Fiery Embrace for Scrappers in the Fiery Aura set is functioning differently than described.  Paraphrasing, the power descrption says that is boots the damage of fire attacks and additionaly gives a boots in damage to other attacks as well.

For context, I'm playing as a Battle Axe/Fiery Aura Scrapper, with the Blaze Mastery Pool.

What I have found is that Fiery Embrace adds fire damage to my Axe attacks, rather than a damage percentage boost, which is cool, but perhaps not intended.  The bigger issue is that it has no effect on my fire based damaging powers in both the Fiery Aura pool and Blaze Mastery pool.    I tested this using Gash, without any procs or incarnate abilities equiped, the Blazing Aura, and lastly Fire Blast. 

Per guidance from my support ticket, I have posted this issue here and linked the images below.

https://imgur.com/a/yO8HNWI

Judgement Day - Soldier - Excelsior

Sounds like it is working as intended if I’m understanding you correctly. Fiery Embrace adds a flat fire damage bonus to non-fire attacks. So that portion is working as intended, as you described. I believe the fire damage doesn’t show up as a proc would if it’s being applied to an attack that is fire and instead adds the two fire damage numbers together. 

edit: I can’t see your damage numbers for Fire Blast with and without FE on the images you shared, the text is too small on my phone. Were they the exact same? What about Blazing Aura under those same conditions?

Edited by Camel

1 hour ago, Judgement Day said:

Recently, I discovered that Fiery Embrace for Scrappers in the Fiery Aura set is functioning differently than described.  Paraphrasing, the power descrption says that is boots the damage of fire attacks and additionaly gives a boots in damage to other attacks as well.

For context, I'm playing as a Battle Axe/Fiery Aura Scrapper, with the Blaze Mastery Pool.

What I have found is that Fiery Embrace adds fire damage to my Axe attacks, rather than a damage percentage boost, which is cool, but perhaps not intended.  The bigger issue is that it has no effect on my fire based damaging powers in both the Fiery Aura pool and Blaze Mastery pool.    I tested this using Gash, without any procs or incarnate abilities equiped, the Blazing Aura, and lastly Fire Blast. 

Per guidance from my support ticket, I have posted this issue here and linked the images below.

https://imgur.com/a/yO8HNWI

This is the intended behavior and replaced the old functionality in Issue 18. In PvP, it still works the old way, which is also intended. The description was never updated.

For clarity, it only adds bonus Fire damage to attacks in Melee Damage sets, so it wouldn't affect Fiery Aura itself, pool powers, or Epic/Patron powers.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

The added fire damage is nice to have.  I think the resolution to this thread is to have the power description ultimately updated.  

I'm seeing the notes on Issue 18 that you're referencing.   Thank you for the clearification.  Below is a link to the Issue 18 notes, if anyone needs them. 

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Patch_Notes/2010-08-16

• Like 1

Judgement Day - Soldier - Excelsior