A Moment of Appreciation

• Retired Game Master

I just want take a moment and remind all of the players that the people responsible for hosting this server, coding the game to work properly, posting information and updates in Discord/Reddit, the countless faceless people in the help channels fixing problems for others, all the GMs resolving problems in-game, literally everyone involved in this (and the other parallel projects) are *volunteers*. They are not getting paid, and some of them are actually spending *a lot* of money in order for this project to keep going forward.

I've heard many people ask about donations and that's not something I can speak to at this time (wait for an announcement from the admins when they have a decision), so the best thing you can do to help them out is to help each other out. Every time a new player asks for help on AT choices or if the server is up or how to run the game in full screen, don't rage because someone literally just asked that. Give them a link to a document, the wiki, have a conversation with them, add them to your friends list. Because this game is about the community. All of are here because we love this community.

There isn't really a point to this message other than to thank the incredible people who made this possible. I know there are a million posts already, but I've been so busy in-game this is only the second forum post I've even seen (after the update from yesterday) and I know most players are going to be too busy enjoying themselves to see it. And that's okay.

Every time a new player asks for help on AT choices or if the server is up or how to run the game in full screen, don't rage because someone literally just asked that. Give them a link to a document, the wiki, have a conversation with them, add them to your friends list. Because this game is about the community. All of are here because we love this community.

Absolutely, everyone that's helping in this process deserves ALL of the praise!

But, there'd be less reason for rage, if there was some sort of process in place where we could request things that are commonly asked get stickied, so that we can point people to those locations rather than rehash the same information repeatedly.

I'm out.

• Retired Game Master

Absolutely, everyone that's helping in this process deserves ALL of the praise!

But, there'd be less reason for rage, if there was some sort of process in place where we could request things that are commonly asked get stickied, so that we can point people to those locations rather than rehash the same information repeatedly.

Best place I've seen from the community is https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OQ68rHr_BbA9QoHEEx9atG-xZiMFKCiXZVDPQ1JvrKc/

Outside of that, the CoH Discord and Reddit are generally pretty helpful. It seems that there's a lot of re-orienting for the game as it's been a long time for most people, plus i25 is a bit different. But the sooner people get assistance, the less likely any rage happens (except by the baddies when they fall from our collective might!).

Hi GM ArachnosPhobia

You don't know me, but you helped me with an enquiry today and you were excellent. Thank you to you and the team who are volunteering their time to make the experience the best it can be for the rest of us!

Thanks to EVERYONE who had a hand in bringing our City back.  I know it has to be overwhelming for folks trying to run the servers, dealing with all the tech issues and hassles, etc.  But as a lifelong player who has never found another game that was 'home' to him, this has been an amazing few days.  It's great to see such friendly players again and reconnecting with those I haven't seen in years.  So for what it's worth, thank you all for bringing the City back to us. 

Thanks to every single person involved with this CoX project!  I'm not holding my breath on NCsoft doing anything but A.) procrastinating eternally so as to try and make  the private server owners wait to proceed or B.) firing up the C&D machine (let's hope all CoX servers are in untouchable locales).

However, at that point no one will too feel badly either way about starting up donation methods to keep our City running in perpetuity, paying those donations, or playing on and maintaining said servers.