New but Old :)

Tigersoul78

So I played CoH back in the day and loved it. I had a 50 DM/Regen Scrapper. These days I would like to try something new in archetypes. I was looking at either Claws/Bio or something along those lines. Anyone with some insight to Bio as a secondary? Or any favorite Scrapper builds you care to share?

I have no experience with claws, but I am running a Savage Melee/Bio Armor scrapper and it is (at level 29) plenty of fun with nice, quick animations. I was running him through Brickstown this morning against oranges and yellows while on Offensive Adaptation and was surprised how well that worked.

Claws is just great. Only downside is it's all lethal damage.

Savage looks amazing but I can't speak to the performance. there was some discussion a few days ago on discord about the plus damage in its gimmick possibly not working correctly.

Savage Melee? That's a new powerset to me. What is it comparable to?

If I did not know there was a Claws powerset, judging by the animations and scrch-scrch sound effects suggesting you are ripping through fabric and flesh, I would have thought I was playing Claws. You can read up on Savage Melee at this link: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Savage_Melee.

I have not noticed any problem dealing damage with Savage Melee. If it's not performing to the level it should be, it's hard to tell.