Rifle/Machinegun Mastery APP for Melees

There is very little that ties the melee APPs together some have buffs others might have debuffs, some have multiple aoe attacks so I'm giving myself the latitude to copy Patron Pool pattern brutes get

These powers are either from Assault Rifle, Soldiers of Arachnos or Mercenaries 

-Burst

-Venom Grenade

-Wide Area Web Grenade (AOE Immob with -kb)

-Heavy Burst

-Seasoned Veteran

a rifleman pet equivalent to a PPP pet, same powers as the Commando henchmen but with the the Spec Ops henchmen's rifle, outfit & snipe power

Seasoned Veteran flavor text: This rifleman has survived many armed conflicts, doing murky things at the behest of self-serving nation state power brokers for pennies on the dollar, now this soldier will only contract his services out to those he believes in, for causes he truly believes in (or for top dollar)

Edited by Chance Jackson
Swapped Full Auto for Heavy Burst
  • Like 1

Full Auto is a T9 Blaster Nuke.  I think that's a bit much club compared to say, https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Blaze_Mastery, or https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Darkness_Mastery.

Minimally, it would have to be scaled down to an appropriate power level.

I'm thinking simpler to swap it out for M30 Grenade.

Also when Scrappers/Stalkers/Brutes/Tanks get a summon in patron powers, it's not a boss-level summon. 

Commando (T3 mercs pet) seems a bit over the top to me. 

The devs will do as they see fit, but I think you're asking for ... probably too much power here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MTeague said:

Full Auto is a T9 Blaster Nuke.  I think that's a bit much club compared to say, https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Blaze_Mastery, or https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Darkness_Mastery.

Minimally, it would have to be scaled down to an appropriate power level.

I'm thinking simpler to swap it out for M30 Grenade.

Also when Scrappers/Stalkers/Brutes/Tanks get a summon in patron powers, it's not a boss-level summon. 

Commando (T3 mercs pet) seems a bit over the top to me. 

The devs will do as they see fit, but I think you're asking for ... probably too much power here.

I already have a grenade aoe attack power in Venom Grenade, along with a aoe immob grenade power so I definitely want something other than another AOE grenade attack & I definitely wanted another automatic firing attack but yeah I fully expect Full Auto to be toned down (I also paired it with the T1 burst power for balance considerations)

As for PPP pets they tend to be "Pet" Class entities which IIRC get more HP then the 3rd tier MM pet that some like to call the Boss Pet  I'm sure if implemented the Homecoming team would properly balance that as well

• Like 1

I mean, I can't add more than others have, I do think maybe change out something for maybe sniper rifle and/or heavy burst.

But in general I'd actually kind of like firearm focused Pool powers instead, maybe by default they run off melee modifiers since their base purpose is to let melee characters have ranged options (something the live devs seemed like they were relaxing with the release of the origin pools) and also just allow some characters to explore certain RP concepts, even if non-optimized. my own idea would probably have the pools be:

• Gunslinger (single pistol pool)
  • Assaulter (SMG pool)

and I guess those are the big ones. I'd also like to see maybe like a single knife/blade melee pool to let ranged classes enjoy shanking someone.

• Thanks 1

Gee quite the selection there.

That is literally like all the best attacks for Crabs at least.

Burst is a fast animation proc monster (for Crabs at least), Venom is AoE -res, Full Auto is the AR nuke.

Slug instead of Burst.

Heavy Burst/Buckshot instead of Full Auto.

Frag Grenade instead of Venom Grenade.

Makes much more sense thematically and is power level is much more resonable.

Edited by Maxzero

6 hours ago, Maxzero said:

Gee quite the selection there.

That is literally like all the best attacks for Crabs at least.

Burst is a fast animation proc monster (for Crabs at least), Venom is AoE -res, Full Auto is the AR nuke.

Slug instead of Burst.

Heavy Burst/Buckshot instead of Full Auto.

Frag Grenade instead of Venom Grenade.

Makes much more sense thematically and is power level is much more resonable.

How is burst a proc monster? The blaster version has a 4 sec recharge other than that I'm trying to avoid shotgunny powers in favor of machine gunny powers

SOA Heavy Burst is a fine substitute for Full Auto it's not in the blaster Assault Rifle set so I didn't think of it while creating the pool

Edited by Chance Jackson