Broadsword/Dark Armor-Brute or Scrapper?

Scrapper gives you more random damage and no lead time to build up Fury.  Scrapper also gives you more build freedom: nobody takes Provoke. 

Scrapper has lower resist caps, at 75% vs. 90% for the brute.  Should not be a major issue thanks to the self heal.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

DA feels like a brute set to me. Damage auras work well with fury and afaik don't crit, higher AT res cap and aura taunt that a scrapper doesn't get. BS is possibly a bit better on scrapper due to meaty crits but on balance I would lean towards brute I think.

Edited by parabola
  • Like 1

Happy with my BS/DA Scrapper, the good thing about DA is that, even if scrappers have lower resist caps, it has other forms of dmg mitigation and yep, I'm aware said mitigation is also available for Brutes, what I am saying is that the higher res cap is not such a big advantage.

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

I lean with brutes when resist sets are factored in. More HP and a better resist cap.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."