Knockdown AoE Toggle Spammer Question?

Zeraphia

So I was doing a Kin/Sonic Defender, and I thought... "hmm, what if I decide to KB->KD both Repel and Whirlwind together to create a toggle AoE knockdown spammer?"

Has anyone tried this or given it some thought? Would love the input as to if this is feasible/viable!

I've put KB:KD in Repel and while it works, it's a bit too spotty and endurance-hogging to rely on as a soft control.  That said, my Fire/FF has like 60 knockdown powers (Repel+KB:KD among them) and it's like popcorn city when he gets into melee range, so MAYBE Whirlwind + Repel would make it a reliable tactic?

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

If you want an overpowered knockdown defender build, have a look at storm/water.

Storm benefits hugely from recharge and has a lot of knockback/down. Storm and water both take the knockback +recharge proc in several powers so you end up with +100 recharge pretty much permanently. Water also has a self-heal, which can take a +endurance proc, making it very self-sufficient.

Freezing rain keeps enemies knocked down and lowers resistance so whirlpool obliterates them. Later, you get tornado (more damage, more knockdown) and lightning storm (more damage, more knockdown).

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas