Extra response option in Heather Townshend's arc

Zhym

In Heather Townshend's arc (you know the one—it's the one we've done over and over and over to get incanrate components quickly), one of my toons has a response option that the others don't have.  After the first mission, when she asks, "Do you have any idea what caused these women to transform?", the only option for two of my toons is, "No, not in the slightest."  But my other toon can also respond, "I have a feeling it's a group called the Talons of Vengeance": 

69757233_ScreenShot2020-06-18at3_22_21PM.png.6941711e97067872d0bc2992dec0d3f5.png

Paragon Wiki doesn't list that as a reponse option, either.

So I'm wondering what triggers that other option.  The toon who gets that option did all the First Ward and Night Ward arcs, so maybe it's something in there?  I thought it might have been the "Chipped Talon" badge, for defeating a certain number of Talons of Vengeance, but that didn't make any difference. 

Thanks!

Edited by Zhym
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

It depends on rather or not you have the defeats badge for the lower-level Talons, IIRC

Isn't that what the "Chipped Talon" badge is?  Or is there a different one?

I'm thinking maybe it's based on completing the First Ward (or Night Ward) story arcs.

1 minute ago, Zhym said:

Isn't that what the "Chipped Talon" badge is?  Or is there a different one?

I'm thinking maybe it's based on completing the First Ward (or Night Ward) story arcs.

Chipped Talon is for the low level ones, Castigator is for higher level version.

'Not sure about the arcs, honestly... I don't think I've ever had a character that's done the First Ward/Night Ward stuff without ALSO getting the badge.  

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 6/18/2020 at 9:22 PM, Zhym said:

In Heather Townshend's arc (you know the one—it's the one we've done over and over and over to get incanrate components quickly), one of my toons has a response option that the others don't have.  After the first mission, when she asks, "Do you have any idea what caused these women to transform?", the only option for two of my toons is, "No, not in the slightest."  But my other toon can also respond, "I have a feeling it's a group called the Talons of Vengeance": 

69757233_ScreenShot2020-06-18at3_22_21PM.png.6941711e97067872d0bc2992dec0d3f5.png

Paragon Wiki doesn't list that as a reponse option, either.

So I'm wondering what triggers that other option.  The toon who gets that option did all the First Ward and Night Ward arcs, so maybe it's something in there?  I thought it might have been the "Chipped Talon" badge, for defeating a certain number of Talons of Vengeance, but that didn't make any difference. 

Thanks!

What does heather say if you choose that option? 

On 6/20/2020 at 4:01 PM, Chance Jackson said:

What does heather say if you choose that option? 

1604993842_ScreenShot2020-06-21at12_06_13PM.png.a00ef82c7cc7101ad0ca4045525523ed.png

After that it's the same Part Two dialogue that you get after "I'm all ears if you have an idea" in the other branch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It looks like the trigger for this option is Master Midnight's story arc, "Revenge: Serve Chilled."  I ran one of my toons through it in Orouboros, and the next time he ran the Heather Townshend arc he suddenly knew a lot more about the Talons.

Mystery solved!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1