Water blast/storm summoning

Elvencrest

Well, the basic principle is you Force Feedback everything and have a lot of recharge.

With that in mind, I believe this works better as a Defender since you can hit much better defensive totals and the damage from Storm Summoning is the same either way. Without a (reasonable) way to hit the damage cap, you're not going to do all that much more damage with Water Blast and you'll lose some -resist debuffing from Storm.

You should also be aware that Storm Summoning builds without a way to Immobilize and -fly enemies can find such opponents problematic due to the heavy emphasis on ground target fields.

Thank you very much for your comments and help. Very educational. Doing more research on the subject, on youtube, paragonwiki, and here, i'm sorta getting the feeling that water blast/storm summoning might not be the best set combination to create the character I want.

Basically I am looking to create a hero who's powers focus on water, and water blast/storm summoning looked to be the obvious choice. 

However seeing that the colors of powers can be changed now to appear like other things, maybe selecting other power sets and altering their effects to more look like water might be the way to go.

What do all of you think? Perhaps dark blast/dark miasma would look good as water if the color was changed around (even those skulls couldn't be)?

Maybe even using the energy blast power set? Or even using ice manipulation, even though I dpn't care for ice in general. What do you think? Is even making pure looking water based character possible, depending on how one changes the colors of it?

I'd really like to know. 🙂

On 6/23/2020 at 6:26 PM, Elvencrest said:

Thank you very much for your comments and help. Very educational. Doing more research on the subject, on youtube, paragonwiki, and here, i'm sorta getting the feeling that water blast/storm summoning might not be the best set combination to create the character I want.

Basically I am looking to create a hero who's powers focus on water, and water blast/storm summoning looked to be the obvious choice. 

However seeing that the colors of powers can be changed now to appear like other things, maybe selecting other power sets and altering their effects to more look like water might be the way to go.

What do all of you think? Perhaps dark blast/dark miasma would look good as water if the color was changed around (even those skulls couldn't be)?

Maybe even using the energy blast power set? Or even using ice manipulation, even though I dpn't care for ice in general. What do you think? Is even making pure looking water based character possible, depending on how one changes the colors of it?

yes, you can make watery looking characters/abilities.... water blast is by far the best for it obviously and is splashy- but dark using noir style can look pretty beautiful in blues.... personally I turn my water people into blood users though lol (dark red, blood splash everywhere kekekke).  Really every set could fit a water splasher that doesn’t use weapons/electricity... as for secondaries, Sonic, FF, miasma, cold, time, etc all can be made to look watery— ff bubbles are pretty obvious since they already look like soap bubbles lol... but yah go to make a character and start editing the dark sets using soul noir style - they’ll look pretty watery 

On 6/23/2020 at 6:26 PM, Elvencrest said:

I'm not sure what your objection is here. While I'd probably play Water/Storm as a Storm/Water Defender instead, it's still a top-tier choice amongst Defenders/Corruptors - there are very few builds that even approach it in terms of sheer power.

3 hours ago, Hjarki said:

I'm not sure what your objection is here. While I'd probably play Water/Storm as a Storm/Water Defender instead, it's still a top-tier choice amongst Defenders/Corruptors - there are very few builds that even approach it in terms of sheer power.

I think it sounds graphical - since storm itself has only the rain (and sorta) the clouds... otherwise, you can get just as “watery” with other sets, since storm is mostly wind based

2 minutes ago, kiramon said:

I think it sounds graphical - since storm itself has only the rain (and sorta) the clouds... otherwise, you can get just as “watery” with other sets, since storm is mostly wind based

I'm not really sure what a better alternative would be. There's no 'water support', even if you re-color another set it's not going to have those kinds of graphics.

1 minute ago, Hjarki said:

I'm not really sure what a better alternative would be. There's no 'water support', even if you re-color another set it's not going to have those kinds of graphics.

FF is really soap bubbles? Lol poison can sorta be watery since it’s liquid like... lol

I ran it on a defender and it's lots of fun. I'd actually recommend using the defender version, though. Storm has poor synergy with Scourge and Lightning Storm does more damage on a Defender. It also has much better low level synergy as you'll have Freezing Rain much earlier and it pairs very well with Whirlpool. You've got strong AoE damage and debuff and both sets use knockup/down mechanics (Tornado is basically a knockup and Lightning Storm is basically a knockdown - you don't need to slot for KB>KD).

Storm has a number of powers that are, frankly, very skippable, so you can indulge in the power pools a bit. Gale, O2 Boost, Snow Storm, Hurricane and Thunderclap are all "take it or leave it" powers, in my opinion. Obviously, you need to pick up one of the first two, but my only heal is Vengeance and I don't have to use it very often. 

Use lots of Force Feedback recharge procs and put +endurance procs into anything that will take them or you'll burn out extremely quickly. Water Blast has an attack that can heal you, which you can also use to recharge endurance with the proc. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

On 6/23/2020 at 5:26 PM, Elvencrest said:

You can do that a lot of different ways! I have a Water/Atomic Blaster with the Atomic powers colored to look like mist or steam. You can also play a Water Blast/SR Sentinel to give yourself high defensive values along with your watery powers, or run a water/Kinetics Corrupter and play as if the Kinetics stuff is your character sucking the water out of enemies for bigger attacks.