Please Help With Crash Error

ICounterfireI

Hi i have asked on the homecoming Discord but so far nobody seems to know or has answered correctly.
I have suddenly come across an issue with the game, i have not added anything or installed anything new since i last played and all my drivers and windows software etc is fully up to date.

When i enter my password and hit log in, the game will hang for a few seconds before losing sound then ultimately crashing to a "not responding error"

I have check Event Viewer etc and i have uninstalled and re-installed the game and Tequila multiple times and have done multiple restarts of the computer itself.

This is all the info i could find when looking at error reports etc. I can not make head nor tail of it and would really appreciate some help please.

The program cityofheroes.exe version 1.0.1571.64 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 2fa0
 Start Time: 01d64b090836cf5b
 Termination Time: 60000
 Application Path: D:\CoHH\hc-bin64\cityofheroes.exe
 Report Id: 36cc9c99-2d50-4ee5-8f7f-a3115e4bf942
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 
 Hang type: Cross-thread
[5:00 PM]

Source
City of Heroes

Summary
Stopped responding and was closed

Date
‎25/‎06/‎2020 16:18

Status
Report sent

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path:    D:\CoHH\hc-bin64\cityofheroes.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    AppHangB1
Application Name:    cityofheroes.exe
Application Version:    1.0.1571.64
Application Timestamp:    5ef27650
Hang Signature:    b78b
Hang Type:    134479872
OS Version:    10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    2057
Additional Hang Signature 1:    b78b8e85c661cf72cd9c6398ee89265f
Additional Hang Signature 2:    ac0c
Additional Hang Signature 3:    ac0c53c022058a8f2ad49eecb98a4303
Additional Hang Signature 4:    b78b
Additional Hang Signature 5:    b78b8e85c661cf72cd9c6398ee89265f
Additional Hang Signature 6:    ac0c
Additional Hang Signature 7:    ac0c53c022058a8f2ad49eecb98a4303

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    73cb28ad9d162facfba04f8b212b905c (1990678494273310812)

Thanks for your time and any information is greatly appreciated.

Report.wer

Okay, so I did a couple of things that have fixed it for me. Give this a try and see if it works for you. First, the history.

This was completely random when it happened. However, it happened much more often when I would dual box. So since I could get this to happen within minutes after dual boxing, it was much easier to pin point the cause of this.

This generated a code 1000 in the event report. The fix for this is to check for corrupted Windows files and run a Restore Health command. Apparently the latest Windows update corrupted a few files and needs to be corrected.

Here is how to do it.:

1. Open Command Prompt by typing in the windows search bar, cmd.
  2. Command Prompt should pop up as an option, right click on it and run as administrator.
  3. in the box, type sfc /scannow and hit enter.
  4. allow it to run the full process and allow it to correct any errors found.
  5. Once finished, enter a new command, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit enter.
  6. Allow that to complete and then restart your PC.
  7. (optional) I went ahead and disabled Vertical Sync in the game options, mainly because it's not really needed. I did this as an extra precaution but may turn it back on at a later time.

Hope this helps with the crashing.

The process just took ages. About hour and a half in the end, but after all of that, still crashes. Everything elsle running smoothly. Play Valorant every night fir a few hours, been dabbling in Sea Of Thieves and play modded to high heavens minecraft which is ram dedicated and not a single issue. CoH is the only thing with this error. Literally can't explain in. There is nothing new on the system, I havn't changed any settings. I was on it Tuesday night GMT, logged off 11pm and was fine logged on the next day at around 2pm and the crashes occurred. 

Edited by ICounterfireI